SoloAWeek Suggestions/Requests

Would love to see some Angus solo's dissected. Possibly you could start with some of his iconic ones such as "Shook Me All Night Long" or even "Highway To Hell"... Even though they are considered relatively 'simple' solos, theres a ton of nuances and subtleties that you could expand upon.

One of my favorite solos is hetfield's solo in "Nothing Else Matters". No matter how hard I try, that solo eludes me. It's like my kryptonite... And it was my wedding song.

Running With The Night - Lionel Richie.

A horribly naff song with a jaw-dropping Lukather solo. It's even more impressive when you learn that Lukather was only jamming along and didn't know the engineer was recording.

Running With The Night - Lionel Richie.

A horribly naff song with a jaw-dropping Lukather solo. It's even more impressive when you learn that Lukather was only jamming along and didn't know the engineer was recording.

Speaking of "hidden" Luke stuff. Anything from Fee Waybills solo album Read my lips would be cool

How bout some Vai era DLR? Like "Two fools born a minute" or "Shy boy", Tobacco Road.. Ladies night in Buf.. some smokin geetar there! Two fools has all kinds of nice riffage throughout not just the solo section etc so it maybe doesn't fit the form of soloaweek.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom