SOLOAWEEK: Lukather's "Rosanna" Solos Lesson (VIDEO/SOUNDCLOUD/PATCH)

but.. your not Lukather? How can you play his solo then? pffff! :lol I'm joking great stuff! 8)

I think the way you're doing these solos and stuff really keeps one fit as a guitarist. Swingin', chopin', flippin' and floppin', it's very good.

Back to the woodshed!

Thanks for taking the time to post these videos along with patches and backing tracks. It is very much appreciated by the vast majority of us.

Awesome job as usual Cooper. Always just improvised this solo as (to be honsest) I'm a lazy fecker :) and as I've been a Luke fan for years this will make me get my finger out and actually atempt do something right for a change :)

Thanks again for all your efforts with lessons, videos and sharing the patches its truly awesome that you put in the time and share this kind of stuff on the forum.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers.

Awesome job as usual Cooper. Always just improvised this solo as (to be honsest) I'm a lazy fecker :) and as I've been a Luke fan for years this will make me get my finger out and actually atempt do something right for a change :)

Thanks again for all your efforts with lessons, videos and sharing the patches its truly awesome that you put in the time and share this kind of stuff on the forum.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers.

From the videos I've seen, Luke mostly improvs the second solo live, too, so you're in good company! Thanks for the kind words and for watching!

"I'm going to spend most of this post telling you all the different ways you are a total FAIL and then tell you how much better I could have done it even though I will likely never post any demonstration of my own playing....but nothing personal dude ;)".

I'm really jonesing for The Gear Page's rolling on the floor laughing emoticon on this one, Adam. :)

I was really doing my best not to respond to this, given the tone of it. I'm certainly not Lukather, and I appreciate constructive criticism as much as the next guy, even when it is so presumptuously worded... "I've never heard or seen someone do the part at 20' of the outro anything close to the real thing (except me" :roll Seriously, man? LO-freaking-L

But then you edited your initial post to add yet another sassy observation: "The antics with the volume pot and then being late is a bit of a FAIL :mrgreen" and I just couldn't resist responding.

Listen to the solo for that "golden nugget" :roll Lukather swells that note in with the volume pot on the "and" of the first beat. So if I'm "late" on it and FAIL, then so does he.

Great job on a classic Lukather solo. Even better restraint...more than I'd have any way. ;-P. I ran into you at the Jimmy Herring show in ATL. What a great player he is. Good show too. Cheers and keep up the good work. J

Great job again Cooper. That's a fun one - I learned the first solo a while back, but not the outro - I'll have to spend some time on that one with your lesson. Great playing (I'd love to play as terribly as you do... :)).

Reminds me of the old joke:
Q: How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

A: It takes ten: one to change the bulb, and nine more to talk about how much better they could have done it.​

Great playing on a great—and difficult—solo.

Kudos to you Cooper....yet another well done solo. Lukather was/is always a great one to learn from.

Never mind the armchair quarterbacks, Cooper, your tone and playing was spot on!

I'd love to see you do a Giant/Dann Huff solo. :) Also something with Dimebag.

I've never heard or seen someone do the part at 20' of the outro anything close to the real thing (except me :p ). It's not *that* hard and very cool! :) Esp. if you know his habits a bit... It's exactly these things you should be after, IMO.
The part on 26' could use a little slight blues bending on the third. Sounds way cooler and he does that often.
The antics with the volume pot and then being late is a bit of a FAIL :mrgreen

Someday when my webcam is connected again... ;)
Sadly I don't even have half of his speed picking or "in the pocket" talent...

First could be better too. There have been one or two AWESOME renditions on YouTube. Difficult to find now with hundreds of guys doing them LOL

I would personally prefer to learn from someone that really dug into a solo to get as close as possible.
You learn more golden nuggets that way.
I did a few like that and they have multiple nuggets per solo: iRacr's channel - YouTube (still in my Pod days though ;) )

Nothing personal. Let's understand each other's point ;)

The slides instead of the bends don't sound too bad at all. Not all guitars can be comfortably "tuned" to play those...

Still props if you do one like this a week (without internet and a slowdowner casette deck like in my days ;) )
Plus that shirt really doesn't match those pants...... :lol

Dude.... awesome playing, rendition as usual,& thanx for posting.

I gotta say "IMO" the other op's obession with duplicating songs, solo's etc... note for note is pretty... well... steril. Veriations on a theme, you gotta give it your own twist, or style. Its your "rendetion" of the song, etc... sorry for the mini rant....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom