Sold on 1024 IRs now

javajunkie

Ok, I've been back n forth on the whole 1024 sample IR thing. Is worth the hastle? So I decided to convert some impulses and A/B them. With AlbertA's updated utility, it is so simple and sounds fantastic. Setting delay2 up for every patches that uses it is inconvenient but well worth it and you can just copy the setting after you do the first one. This coupled w/ the new warmth parameter really has added some depth to my tones.

I have also been holding back on this method; assuming/hoping version 6.0 addresses the topic in a more eligant way.

javajunkie said:
Ok, I've been back n forth on the whole 1024 sample IR thing. Is worth the hastle? So I decided to convert some impulses and A/B them. With AlbertA's updated utility, it is so simple and sounds fantastic. Setting delay2 up for every patches that uses it is inconvenient but well worth it and you can just copy the setting after you do the first one. This coupled w/ the new warmth parameter really has added some depth to my tones.

Post some sounds. Like to hear the diff.

GuitarDojo said:
javajunkie said:

I already loaded my cabs but, I'll post the different between one of my patches that used a different cab (marshall 25w) w/ a 1024 orange cab.

GuitarDojo said:
javajunkie said:

He you go:

1st 1/2 stock cab 25w, 2nd half 1024 orange cab w/sm57 (I added the R121 mic on it as well - I like what it did to the tone). Quick progression, then single notes on each.

http://www.javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/25wthenorange.mp3

spock%2Beyebrow.gif

m lebofsky said:
I am waiting on ver 6. to address this topic so I dont hae to redo all my patches AGAIN.
Please Cliff?
I'm obviously not the final authority on this, but it would appear to me that the demand on CPU resources would be too great. If it's possible at all, it may turn out to be Ultra-only.

How about putting up a template preset on Axechange with the delay / cab configuration? I'm sure some of the peeps would love that.

Lars

definitely enhanced your tone.

Not sure if I recall something in the old forum on this, but is there a step by step how-to to implement this?

finstah said:

Not sure if I recall something in the old forum on this, but is there a step by step how-to to implement this?

look at the top of this forum :D

Very nice Java... I like. Cool licks too...I've yet to explore the IR part of my Axe FX. I will one day though, once I get past all the other goodies in this box!

I think I need to revisit this as well. I had a few patches setup with 1024 before I changed a few things and have been working with some other IR's in the recent past.
I certainly like the results in the mp3 you posted Java. Thanks for posting.

And thanks to Jay for outthinking me on a daily basis :lol:
As someone said on the other forum:
Jay is smarter than me!

javajunkie said:
finstah said:

look at the top of this forum :D

Man I need to eat more blueberries to boost the brain. Ha ha

Thanks Java

Where did you get that Orange cab sim? I've been using the Cali cab on one side and Clawfinger's hotties on the other but would LOVE to get a hold of the Orange sim.

Just tried 1024 IR cabs, yet again ....

HOLY SH!T BATMAN (repeat again and again). :shock: :shock: :shock:

It did take some trial and error to find a suiatable cab that paired ok with my existing amp settings (I am a lazy bastard, can you tell ?) but what an awesome result !!! Love it. Scanned through Clawfinger's orange cab IR's wav files and one of them just clicked.

Yes I am sold too. Now I just have to test it out at the practice and the gig and see how they translate live.

v6.0 - 1024 cabs ... anybody ? I would love that option.

Mik.

Back
Top Bottom