Social media

Did you get rid of or never have social media? (Fb and/or IG)

• Don’t have it

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • Have it but feel I manage it well.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Considering getting rid of it

Votes: 17 19.3%

• Total voters
Officially one month social media free now and this has been the best decision I have ever made. I feel like I got my life back.

Nobody tell him what a forum is.....

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

...and continue entering my contact information a zillion more times along with security credentials that are required for access, required to be as complex as possible, required to change all the time and most of the time because i can't rememnber the cryptic gibberish i chose last time for a password. is it just me or does anybody else have that 1 place/site/destination at least that you can never remember your pw for and end up having to request a pw change every time?...

i wonder how much time, in hours, will a person born today spend entering/typing contact information and login credentials in their lifetime?
You need a password vault. Just one funky password to remember, and you can easily manage thousands of accounts. No more endless typing of contact information and resetting passwords.

I use a pw manager that autofills so I can choose 15-20 character passwords and still manage, however, I'm still not so trusting with my few critical accounts so, for those, I only save cryptic hints and have those pw memorized - they'll have to tickle torture me to get those.

Deleted Twitter a few years ago. Instagram I only use for our leather shop. Youtube to post a few vids every now and then, but by no way do I consider myself in the "content creator" category. Facebook is the only one I use with any consistency these days, and I limit my friends list to folks I actually know in person, which is why I only have ~150 peeps on it after 13 years on the platform.

Social media is a cancer. We need to get back to in-person events, connections, and relationships and only use these platforms to promote business, not personal friendships. Too much online stuff keeps younger peeps from developing key interpersonal skills they'll need to survive after "the collapse of modern civilization". LOL (TIC humor, lighten up!).

Remember the ad that came out when Facebook decided to call itself "Meta?"

Bored teenagers in a museum. They're drawn to one particular painting of a tiger holding a buffalo in a death grip. The tiger pets the buffalo it's killing, and starts talking to the teenagers. The painting devolves into a nightmare animation of dancing animals bobbing their heads. The kids' eyes glaze over, and they start bobbing their heads, too. Because it's cool. I guess. Right? The commercial ends with the teenagers mindlessly doing what they're shown, while the voiceover assures them, "This is going to be fun."

I don't think the ad's creators realized how repulsively transparent their ad was.

Last edited:
Nobody tell him what a forum is.....

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

A good forum (i.e. one like this) is a wonderful place for enthusiasts to exchange knowledge.

A bad forum is a dumpster fire, Twitter is yer one-stop shop for every simian poo-fight on the planet, and as for Zuckerberg's thing? I have some British friends who call it "Faecesbook," and they are Dead Nuts On!

Back
Top Bottom