So, when is Axe 3 coming out?

Cem

Experienced
When I decided to get my ultra first time, there were no axe 2, and it was said that there won't be any :) And poof! It's out when i got it :)

Now I'm planning to get to the 2, but I can't handle another Poof.

So? What's the real deal?

Nothing offensive btw, i'm an axer.

To give a serious answer, no plans, or announcements, or DSP processors more powerful than what we already have, and plently of room left to grow in the Axe 2, so who knows. Probably not anytime real soon.

And yea, sigh.

I dont think it really matters. Since the axe II is probably running on what was ultra/standard firmware 2 or 3 at this point (they recycle firmware so that continuous improvements are made possible - didnt u know that?), there should be a good while of amp modeling improvements to come in the axe II.

More importantly, I'd like to know when the next ownhammer releases are coming, as both gen 1 and gen 2 units benefit from the recent improvements in IR quality

I've been selling Axe III coupons for nearly two years now. If you were serious, you'd have bought a coupon by now.

(Cash in brown paper bags only, please).

The great Hadron Collider actually has a specieal Fractal unit. They are working hard on the new Higgs-Fractal named "The Axe-Black-Hole".
Once you hit any string you go into string-theory with a biiig smile on ya face.

When I decided to get my ultra first time, there were no axe 2, and it was said that there won't be any :) And poof! It's out when i got it :)

Now I'm planning to get to the 2, but I can't handle another Poof.

So? What's the real deal?

Nothing offensive btw, i'm an axer.
​Poof!!!!:pride:

Why do you feel that a newer Axe that you do not have is better than your existing Axe?

I mean, if newer always equalled better, then people wouldn't be paying 5x the price for an older amp over a brand new one.

6 months ago, I remember Cliff said there wouldn't be an Axe-Fx 3 for a further 2-3 years. Unless Cliff gets another devine epiphany, which would require more processing power, I think it might be a fairly good plan. Axe2 is by far the most powerful effects unit out there - all categories. Just get it. The longer you wait to get it, the longer you would've waited to get it. ;)

this

This questions begs to be asked; 'what is your II not doing that you need'?? I use roughly 3-4 amps and tones and am as pleased with my AxeII frfr rig as ever! Play more guitar and enjoy what you have!

I honestly believe that firmware 11/12/13 etc will still be light years ahead of most, if not all of the "competition". I doubt that i'd need to upgrade to the Axe III straight away anyway. I'd rather wait a year and buy the Mark 2 and have most of the bugs ironed out.

Back
Top Bottom