So, when is Axe 3 coming out?

My wish list isn't processor dependent. I'm completely satisfied with amp/cab modeling. I look forward to the rewritten AxeEdit and would like better DAW integration and/or plugins. I don't think any of this would need or benefit from a hardware/processor upgrade.

I fantasize a 3u unit with a decently sized touchscreen + a bunch of rotary encoders underneath it. The same 2x DSPs but add ARM core(s) to offload housekeeping duties e.g. display, buttons, MIDI, USB, ethercon etc... maybe even sample rate conversion. Another possibility for the aforementioned core(s) might be web server such that you could edit using any device with a browser. Call it a II+ -- make it preset compatible with the II and sell it for heap$ as a halo product. :)

So, not a 3 except u's.

I think there is still lots of room for "minor" enhancements (say stuff not directly related to the modeling features).

For example a refined UI: more menu like the one for the amps list where it makes sense (cabs types, drives types... basically each time we must scroll through a long list of names).
Something cool: when a parameter is highlighted, double tapping on a button (which one?) would pops up a "dialog box" on the screen which briefly explains the purpose of the parameter.

Several input/output profiles: the possibility to store and load profiles (set of values) for everything related to I/O: input levels and modes etc. Very useful when one switches guitars or setup.

I think there is still lots of room for "minor" enhancements (say stuff not directly related to the modeling features).

For example a refined UI: more menu like the one for the amps list where it makes sense (cabs types, drives types... basically each time we must scroll through a long list of names).
Something cool: when a parameter is highlighted, double tapping on a button (which one?) would pops up a "dialog box" on the screen which briefly explains the purpose of the parameter.

Several input/output profiles: the possibility to store and load profiles (set of values) for everything related to I/O: input levels and modes etc. Very useful when one switches guitars or setup.

A dialogue box would great, as would a more user friendly UI, like you say. I'd like to see more bass models too.

My hopes:

• Dedicated scene buttons on the front panel instead of ABCD.
  • Larger display which also shows the cab names and includes a 'system status' screen (important global and I/O settings, CPU etc).
  • UI with selectable 'easy' mode or various rig/configuration presets.
  • Better spillover handling.
  • Onscreen visual indication of actual state of XY-capable blocks.
  • Global EQ presets.
  • Turn-key Autowah and Slow Gear effects, and/or more Envelope controllers per preset.
  • More selectable Auto Engage values.
  • Ability to switch between more Amps per preset.
  • Several MFC enhancements.
  • Option to write-protect a preset.
  • Dedicated Pitch mode 'Droptune'.
  • Option (protected) to reset the Axe-Fx entirely to factory settings.
  • Option to save / load global block data separately from other system data.
If none of these will be realized, I'll still be a happy Axe-Fx user.

My hopes:

• Dedicated scene buttons on the front panel instead of ABCD.
  • Larger display which also shows the cab names and includes a 'system status' screen (important global and I/O settings, CPU etc).
  • UI with selectable 'easy' mode or various rig/configuration presets.
  • Better spillover handling.
  • Onscreen visual indication of actual state of XY-capable blocks.
  • Global EQ presets.
  • Turn-key Autowah and Slow Gear effects, and/or more Envelope controllers per preset.
  • More selectable Auto Engage values.
  • Ability to switch between more Amps per preset.
  • Several MFC enhancements.
  • Option to write-protect a preset.
  • Dedicated Pitch mode 'Droptune'.
  • Option (protected) to reset the Axe-Fx entirely to factory settings.
  • Option to save / load global block data separately from other system data.
If none of these will be realized, I'll still be a happy Axe-Fx user.
Alot of those are not bound to new hardware, so it should be possible to already add them to the Axe II

I always wonder how people manage to find these old threads, and yet not seem to realize they are old threads, jumping straight into conversations like they happened yesterday, instead of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom