So what do you think of this?

attachment.php
Just my 2 cents but this is totally counter-intuitive to what the Axe-Fx is all about, no matter how impressive you may think it looks. If you want two massive heads on two 4x12" cabs why not just go there and be done with it? If it's all about image when your on stage then IMO your on stage for the wrong reason. Huge rigs have NEVER impressed me as much as great musicianship. Nothing is more impressive to me than to see a truly gifted musician playing a very minimalist rig and just flat out blowing the crowd away with TALENT. I can understand how this could/would appeal to the younger testosterone dripping kids/lads but a cleaner more refined rig is what the Axe-Fx is all about IMO.

Once again this is just my opinion.

You did a badass job. Being a involved in the "music business" for a long time, I have to say. Image is a huge part of it. Even though being talented is what should mainly drive people in, its not. Simple as that. If you look like a bunch of goof balls on stage who don't look at the crowd nor move or get into your own music, most people will regard you as such. On the contrary, its obvious if you're willing to sink $2200+ (Us, axe-fx owners), a lot of people notice that too.

Just my 2 cents but this is totally counter-intuitive to what the Axe-Fx is all about, no matter how impressive you may think it looks. If you want two massive heads on two 4x12" cabs why not just go there and be done with it? If it's all about image when your on stage then IMO your on stage for the wrong reason. Huge rigs have NEVER impressed me as much as great musicianship. Nothing is more impressive to me than to see a truly gifted musician playing a very minimalist rig and just flat out blowing the crowd away with TALENT. I can understand how this could/would appeal to the younger testosterone dripping kids/lads but a cleaner more refined rig is what the Axe-Fx is all about IMO.

Once again this is just my opinion.

I totally disagree. I think you get the "best of every world" in this case. Every amp you can think of all in one cool ass looking head. If you tried to accomplish that setup with real amps it would cost thousand upon thousands of dollars and you'd need one big ass stage to fit it on. I think it looks awesome. Great job.

boo, 99% of people want to see a show mate, lights, stagecraft, the full works. I think it's great OP.

well done. and i agree, rack cases stacked on cabs looks like ass.
im still building/configuring my axe fx rig but when it's done i'll be stashing the rack behind the cabs.

I totally disagree. I think you get the "best of every world" in this case. Every amp you can think of all in one cool ass looking head. If you tried to accomplish that setup with real amps it would cost thousand upon thousands of dollars and you'd need one big ass stage to fit it on. I think it looks awesome. Great job.

+1. Whatever works for you.

Just my 2 cents but this is totally counter-intuitive to what the Axe-Fx is all about...a cleaner more refined rig is what the Axe-Fx is all about IMO.
It's all about how it sounds and works, not how it looks. If you like the sounds you're getting, why not make it look the way you want it to look? There's no "wrong" way to dress up your gear.

Looks great!! More power to ya!!

Though, i'm at the age where our attitude is "less is more" now!

Now.....if I was 20 years younger....!

Funny story about looks: a Finnish metal band from early 80's, Tarot, said that they were very disappointed when they learned the big bands of the era had dummy 4x12's on the stage, and perhaps one or two real ones, because they had already bought a wall of real ones, just for the image. :) "Doh!"

Funny story about looks: a Finnish metal band from early 80's, Tarot, said that they were very disappointed when they learned the big bands of the era had dummy 4x12's on the stage, and perhaps one or two real ones, because they had already bought a wall of real ones, just for the image. :) "Doh!"

Plenty of people do that nowadays too. I watched Premier Guitars rig rundown with John Petrucci some time ago, the line of 4x12 Mesa cabs he has on stage are just there for the show, no speakers in them :)

As much as I love my Axe FX II and everything it stands for - there is one area where it definitely loses out compared to a real amp....

...It just doesn't look very good perched on top of a stack of 4x12's !

Hence this:

attachment.php

'Nemesis' is the name of my band - I think they turned out pretty good!

Zack

\m/
Killer job! Nicely done.

it's completely over the top and absolutely un-necesary...
which is why I think it's awesome...

ok.. so when it comes to tone it's about how it works not how it looks...

but when it comes to being live on stage, folk come to see as well as hear you...
so yeah... light it up.. pimp it up.. do whatever you think it takes...

personally I think it just needs lasers and pyro's.. then it'll be a hard 10..

being a total headbanger....
I think you're wrong here...

the only thing I think I'd add to this would be giant robots and lasers...
then it would be perfect..

just realised I already gave similar advice earlier....

ok... I can fix that....

it needs robots, lasers and pyro's

Wow... great job! I bet it would look even better with some black treadplate (or some other design)... That would be the icing on this otherwise delicious cake!

Cool! The finished article(s)- should hopefully be ready 'soon'.........(2 -4 weeks), then we'll see some stuff!

I know it's not for everybody but I agree that the visual impact of bands is extremely important.

Myself, I could never EVER imagine going on stage with just an axefx in a flight case and a powered monitor..... it would be like turning up to compete at a drag race meeting with an electric 3 wheeled car!

* analogy made with a vague attempt at humour so please don't spend too much time coming back at me with reasons why my analogy 'doesn't stack up' - I know that an AXEFX and a powered cab are all you need ;-)

great job man... does the face plate glow thing come in green :)
I recon it would be cool to have a façade with knobs etc and people would ask what amp you playing and you swing down the front and taa daa an AxeFX :)

I think it looks cool. The only thing I was thinking is you might get some idiot thinking your getting this great tone from a Vetta head. LoL

Back
Top Bottom