So what do you think of this?

There was a post, on the OLD Forum, about a company that was building head shells like this, with rack spaces, but I can't find it. Does anyone remember the post, or the company ?

Ha! That is actually pretty cool !!

You might want to remove the 'D' handles on either side of the Axe-FX - make it blend flat with the front. In any case, I think it looks like a total rock monster! :)

When I was at Axe-fest Cliff was saying that the handles are integrated into the design of the box which is different from the the Ultra, and just think if that head fell on its side, which it will some day, it would smash the front knob right off.

On the other note, if you would sell either the design with schematics or build them your self, I would definitely be interested in buying one. I love the idea of what you have done.

Unfortunately we still live in this world "where's your head guy? Oh it's in this case can't you see. where do I put the Mic..."

if you could create it, so you could put it in and pull it out often, I think it would be great for the small clubs in where the meat and potatoes crowd live and make their weekend living. Sorry for the dig I'm a vegetarian.

I wore my Fractal Audio Tee-shirt and Fractal Audio hat in this small club on Friday and did not get one thumbs up or question, I assumed that I would have. I was listening to multiple bands, and when they were done, they would walk right past me, without asking about this blaring advertisement staring them in the face. I guess that's ok or not ok, it just is what it is. But if I was wearing a Marshall shirt, everyone of them would have stopped looked at me with a conversation or thumbs up.

I think that the shape is what people have become familiar with, so a product like this needs to exist its kind of like televisions of the fifties were put in wood furniture cabinets to look like other pieces of furniture in their house, it was some psychological thing that made everything right in the world. it's just our weirded out perception of what rock and roll is.

It looks cool for sure. But I would not want to make something 4-5 times as large as its original size, just for the looks.
Well, except for ... never mind ... I'm digressing.

being a total headbanger....
I think you're wrong here...

the only thing I think I'd add to this would be giant robots and lasers...
then it would be perfect..

Unfortunately we still live in this world "where's your head guy? Oh it's in this case can't you see. where do I put the Mic..."

if you could create it, so you could put it in and pull it out often, I think it would be great for the small clubs in where the meat and potatoes crowd live and make their weekend living. Sorry for the dig I'm a vegetarian.

I wore my Fractal Audio Tee-shirt and Fractal Audio hat in this small club on Friday and did not get one thumbs up or question, I assumed that I would have. I was listening to multiple bands, and when they were done, they would walk right past me, without asking about this blaring advertisement staring them in the face. I guess that's ok or not ok, it just is what it is. But if I was wearing a Marshall shirt, everyone of them would have stopped looked at me with a conversation or thumbs up.

I think that the shape is what people have become familiar with, so a product like this needs to exist its kind of like televisions of the fifties were put in wood furniture cabinets to look like other pieces of furniture in their house, it was some psychological thing that made everything right in the world. it's just our weirded out perception of what rock and roll is.

dude...
maybe like the rest of us Axer types they thought you'd be some kind of tone fanatic and were just way too afraid to approach you..

a Marshall shirt though is simply the casual marking of a thug...
which is why I have several... lmao

Dude that was funny. Because if you knew me, you would realize I'm one of the most approachable people I know. Years of having to meet everyone after I played. I always thought that was the best approach to gaining a following. Killing people with kindness and humbleness.

I don't own a Marshall shirt.

I need a shirt that has an MFC on it with a bunch of those killer labels on it. And each label would have an Amp model on it.
kind of like those tee-shirts with different guitars on it. Fractal ground roots marketing at work.

While this is totally not "me" I must say that looks very cool for its intended purpose (band image). I could also see the potential of making it more functional with lots of storage space inside for all sorts of things (mics, guitar stands, extra pedals, MFC shelf, etc.).

Years of having to meet everyone after I played. I always thought that was the best approach to gaining a following..

I'm very big on this too...
I've never been much into that whole 'aloof superstar' bullshit exercise..

I just like to meet up with folk after the show and have a few beers and enjoy the rest of the evening in good company..
it's usually a great end to a great night out

I'm very big on this too...
I've never been much into that whole 'aloof superstar' bullshit exercise..

I just like to meet up with folk after the show and have a few beers and enjoy the rest of the evening in good company..
it's usually a great end to a great night out

Absolutely!!! you want them to come back, and in this industry it can be hard to pry them away from their televisions or video game consoles.

Ok but heres the thing. I agree they look very cool. But I worry about the weight distribution on top of the cab. The AxeFx II is 13" deep. the deepest headshell I have is my old Traynor YBA and its exactly 13". The one in the picture has a 3/4" to 1" inset from the front edge, which means that the headshell would need to be 14" to have the Axe flush on the back side. That doesn't offer any back panel protection so you really need an inset on the back as well. That would bring the total depth of the headshell to 15" minimum. Slant face cabs are typically 11" deep and standard cabs are 12". The photo shows the front of the headshell flush with the front of the cab, meaning there is at least 3" hanging off the back of the cab. I would worry about that myself. However, you did a great job with them and they look cool as hell!
just thought I would bring that point up :D

I've been toying with the idea of getting an AC30 cab and making the cutout a little bigger for an Axefx...

Hey murky,
this is my AC30'ish 2X12 combo that I am building. It has an 8-space rack on top (only because that's what I needed) but a 3 or 4 space would do for most people. There is a rubber isolated, full range, co-axial stereo monitor inside. And I added a lap-top tray not in the picture and changed the color to black. BTW Zack those look KILER!!

View attachment 13622View attachment 13624

Very sharp looking.

I need a shirt that has an MFC on it with a bunch of those killer labels on it. And each label would have an Amp model on it.
kind of like those tee-shirts with different guitars on it. Fractal ground roots marketing at work.

Do it up on one of the online shirt sites. I've done that for custom stuff; it isn't licensed, but I'm not selling them. Now you've got me thinking.

Back
Top Bottom