So Cool...

So I hooked an LFO to the power tube bias and voila': instant bias trem.

I think these could be also useful to emulate self bias (cathode resistor & bypass cap), using an envelope instead of an LFO. Or reverse the reality, and have a bias that goes up as signal goes down... ;)

Last edited:
The great thing about the new modeling is the modular approach. It's very similar to creating an amp in a schematic editor except it's done with text. Anywho...

I was reviewing some old Vox schematics and I was reminded as to the "bias trem" approach to tremolo on those old amps. So I hooked an LFO to the power tube bias and voila': instant bias trem. Sounds so cooooool. Of course I had to play a few bars of "Riders on the Storm".

I'm going to include this in the next firmware since it sounds so nice.

And that's why I couldn't nail the tremolo effect of my '63 Vox Berkley Super Reverb. That is gonna be awesome, thanks Cliff!

Sorry, anything new about this :

This is actually an idea I'm toying with. The idea is to have a graphical interface that generates the text file. As with cabinets, there would be a number of user slots. You can create your own amp models and load them via the editor.

Sounds great to me is it like the old magnatone tremolo ? That is one id like to see come to light..

The way it's worded, it could be exactly the same thing. What differences do you see?

When Cliff says :

One of the things I've been working on is "User Amp Models". A computer utility allows you to enter the various parameters and then you download the amp model to a "User Amp Slot".

I don't think it must be understood in terms of designing electronic circuits as I understood it in this thread. It depends on what "various parameters" means.

Anyway, I'm interested in these two approaches.

I don't think it must be understood in terms of designing electronic circuits as I understood it in this thread. It depends on what "various parameters" means.
Exactly. Until we know what those "various parameter" are, it could be the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom