So are there any improvements to the looper?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
In a thread I started recently regarding effects improvements on the Axe Fx 2 I got this message from Cliff himself

"New Tape Delay stuff and improved Looper (along with improved power amp modeling) in upcoming Ver 4.00 firmware. But aside from that there isn't a heck of a lot of difference in the effects compared to the Ultra. If you are using just for effects, probably not worth the upgrade."

On looking at the release notes I couldn't see any actual mention of any improvements to the Looper. Am I wrong or have there actually been with firmware 4?

If he is following the wish list thread like we all know be is, then he may make it stereo and hopefully 3 minutes long. Those were the two biggest issues most diehard looperers were requesting.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Need Feedback control, A/B, unstack last stack, etc. The looper is SUPER primitive compared to even relatively cheap floor units. It has been my only major disappointment with my Ultra. I haven't tried the II yet (on the waiting list), but I hope Cliff takes the time to PLAY with some of the BOSS loopers. They are easy to use, and have a lot more control.

Adam mentioned that he was working on some cool features for the looper, just hang in there for a bit

I have the Boomerang 3 which is badass, but I don't want to bring another pedal to gigs.. my pedalboard is big enough as is with the MFC and 2 exp.

edit: That was a fantastic demo vid though tgunn!

Dave

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom