Skyfall - Original Music Progressive Metal

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hi all,

I just want to thankyou for all your recent feedback on my dream theater, periphery and coldplay covers...i really appreciate it!

Now, here we have an original piece 'Skyfall' by my band. This song was written way before the film was announced, but coincidentally I'm releasing it the day after the film was released.

It was intended to be the first track on our debut album however, that is currently on hold whilst we search for a new singer. So i just wanted to share something with you all because nobody has heard it except us and we are desperate to let you here it!

I would really appreciate any comments or feedback

Enjoy!

wow, terrific!

the guitar sounds are epic... :)

the only thing that i couldn't jive with personally, was the drum sound. kinda sounds ok when it's just bass and drums, but when everything's going, the bass drum is a bit lost. wasn't too keen on the hihat...needs more shine on it and i couldn't get my head around the snare sound at all...

i do realise it's a demo though, so this may all change later once the vocals are on.... :)

i have to say, i'm massively impressed though...good job, man!

Wow, one of the best demos I've heard, like Scott said really tight. Blew me away, (and that doesn't happen much these days).

Very cool. 8)

Edit: In the Soundcloud description you write that you're using an Ultra, yet the clip is posted in the Axe-FX II recordings section here. So... -what did you use? Cool recording anyway.

Last edited:
I think it sounds killer. Nice job mixing. Only criticism is the high hats need more attack. But it might just be my speakers. Again, nice work!

Sorry for the delayed responses guys....I've been at work .

Thankyou so much for all the feedback, especially as it's mostly all positive!

There will be vocals eventually and I promise it will all be singing and no growling haha

I have to admit that it was the ultra that I used but I posted it in here because I know this is where veryone listens to clips, so forgive me on that one however you did prove my point haha

The compliments on both playing and production I really appreciate as I'm still a student holding down a part time job just trying to make something of myself in the music scene.

Once again thankyou very much for the feedback it is appreciated!

I think it sounds killer. Nice job mixing. Only criticism is the high hats need more attack. But it might just be my speakers. Again, nice work!

Thanks man!

After listening with fresh ears and on multiple mediums....the hi-hat just needs lifting a little in the mix!

Thanks for pointing it out though

Loving the feedback guys!

not really my type of music but this one got my head banging ;) really nice playing, sounds and mix !

I like that bit at 1:13 (and again at 2:09). The sirens/birds at 3:10 got me to stop play to listen. Great recording.

Back
Top Bottom