Simulate tube rattles

xxwright

I either get used to combo amps due to loving their tone, or I use damper rings on them to reduce/minimize the rattle (often can not eliminate them entirely).
This evening, I was playing my Axe III, it somehow startled me that some small amount of tube rattle is missing, lol... We need this feature to make it realer!

I either get used to combo amps due to loving their tone, or I use damper rings on them to reduce/minimize the rattle (often can not eliminate them entirely).
This evening, I was playing my Axe III, it somehow startled me that some small amount of tube rattle is missing, lol... We need this feature to make it realer!
Just shake your Axe while the notes are ringing out. Works every time 100% legit.

there's a harmonics parameter in advanced that simulates internal tube interaction with the other nearby components, it smears the tone as you turn it up, or you can turn it off to clean it up. sounds like what happens when you take the metal preamp tube covers off of a roadster

We need this feature to make it realer!

I had a particular set of power tubes installed in my Orange Rocker 30 amp that would resonate when I hit the "D" on the high "E" string; it was such a nasty, objectionable sound that I'm scarred to this day. Even worse, you'd play notes around that "D" and you'd hear the 'effect' start to appear and get stronger when you went up/down to that "D". It was like I was being toyed with heh.

Combo amps are murder on their tubes.

Yes indeed...tubes directly in the sound-field of the speakers, particularly power tubes, is about the worst environment for them for longevity and preventing microphonics, etc.

While we're at it, can we add the smell of cooking tubes?

I love the smell of tubes in the morning.....:tonguewink:

Last edited:
I am missing another real-life dirty feature. This one is not at the Amp Block, but at the Reverb Block: the burst of punching a combo with a spring reverb at full volume! Isn't that a beautiful explosion? 🤗 🤯

Not only beautiful, but tremendously helpful when you are arguing with other members of the band during a rehearsal :hammer: 😼

Regarding the OP wish, there is an easy workaround: ToneMatch the tube rattle, and use the IR in parallel with the signal. Add a subtle tremolo at high speed with a random short-tempo modifier, a bit-crusher, and a randomly modulated square wave synth 🐍 :cool:

Last edited:
If we could also alter the weight of the Axe to mimic the amp sim we are using that would be awesome.

Also the cab too.

Back
Top Bottom