Show your partscaster!

The thing about parts guitars is the build, details, setup are the exact things that make or break any guitar. That and whether the specs are actually going to work together . These things done badly can destroy any guitar. Misaligned pilot holes, overtightened screws, a poorly installed nut. The list of tiny but critical to the result jobs goes on. A fender master built custom shop is essentially a "parts" guitar because they hardly do any actual woodwork not by cnc anymore and even originally it was a production line of jigs. sanding was and still is one of the most important parts. Sanding something without changing the shape or rounding any edges that need to stay straight is not easy by hand.

I made a thread for this a few weeks back when I put it together, but this is an MJT/Musikraft build and the completion of a 28-year dream. Definitely won’t be my last MJT/Musikraft build, next up will be a more along the lines of an EJ-inspired Strat-

02167F7E-C7C0-47E9-9B31-DDF9318A354D.jpeg

It‘s my first partscaster and the process couldn’t have gone any smoother. I spent about 45 minutes assembling/setting up and that includes installing the claw crews, pickguard pilot holes, string tree, setup and intonation. I couldn’t believe how fast it went together and played GREAT right away. I put a Callaham V/N bridge on it and a Tusq self-lubricating nut; I can divebomb on that thing and it stays in tune (set to float). I took @Andy Eagle’s advice and let it all settle in before making anymore adjustments, I need to file the nut a tiny amount this weekend as I’m pushing the D and G strings out of tune when fretting around the 1st and 2nd frets, but aside from that, holy shit this thing is a monster!

This build was inspired by @Burgs he was playing a yellow Tele very similar to this in one of his preset videos.
Now.. this was a giant step for me being a humbucker player for 40 years!
Warmoth body & neck. @Andy Eagle gave some crucial build tips that worked perfect!
I finished the body with 10 very light coats, applied by hand, of polyurethane.
A few light coats of Tru-Oil on the neck. I love this thing!!!
This guitar is the most resonant of all 10 I have!IMG_6221.JPGIMG_6227.JPGT1 back.jpgT neck 1.jpg

This build was inspired by @Burgs he was playing a yellow Tele very similar to this in one of his preset videos.
Warmoth body & neck. @Andy Eagle gave some crucial build tips that worked perfect!
This guitar is the most resonant of all 10 I have!View attachment 100559View attachment 100560View attachment 100561View attachment 100562
That is a beautiful slab of Limba and an awesome flame maple neck... beautiful wood

You can make more parting them out.

I salvaged an home-build Tele, and am gonna do that. Nice locking tuners and Duncan '59s in
it with Bourns Pots. But the guy totally hosed the neck body joint and had to shim it. It's also
like 15lbs of Black Limba. Heaviest god damn guitar I have ever strapped on. I gave him less
than $200 for it and he threw in a bag of junky stomp pedals.

I'll use the pickups and tuners in something else, and then burn the body and neck to stay warm next winter. ;)

I made a thread for this a few weeks back when I put it together, but this is an MJT/Musikraft build and the completion of a 28-year dream. Definitely won’t be my last MJT/Musikraft build, next up will be a more along the lines of an EJ-inspired Strat-

View attachment 100467

It‘s my first partscaster and the process couldn’t have gone any smoother. I spent about 45 minutes assembling/setting up and that includes installing the claw crews, pickguard pilot holes, string tree, setup and intonation. I couldn’t believe how fast it went together and played GREAT right away. I put a Callaham V/N bridge on it and a Tusq self-lubricating nut; I can divebomb on that thing and it stays in tune (set to float). I took @Andy Eagle’s advice and let it all settle in before making anymore adjustments, I need to file the nut a tiny amount this weekend as I’m pushing the D and G strings out of tune when fretting around the 1st and 2nd frets, but aside from that, holy shit this thing is a monster!
Love the color.

This guitar is the most resonant of all 10 I have!View attachment 100559View attachment 100560View attachment 100561View attachment 100562
Looks great and I'm sure the equal of guitars costing many times the price.

View attachment 100467

I like the detail of Nietzsche on the rearguard 🥸

I like the detail of Nietzsche on the rearguard 🥸

It’s funny, my eye went right to that. It reminded me of reading Twilight of the Idols at the beach during Spring Break in high school. I say this as I carefully push my glasses up the bridge of my nose and snort.

So i got my neck back the other day and with the nasty weather here in NJ this weekend i decided to bolt it up and get it playing. It set up great action is at about 3/64ths at the 22nd fret which is right where i like it. I also included a shot with his 7ish year old brother and my 1st build. there is a def theme that runs with them as i was going for that Charvel San Dimas Style.

Specs for the body were Mahogany and Koa its got a Duncan Custom in the Bridge and a Vintage Rail in the neck, Gotoh 1996t trem and a CTS Push pull for the pickup selection.
Neck is fully roasted Maple, 1 11/16 nut width, R3 Floyd nut, hipshot griplock tuners, Wolfgang neck carve, 10-16 Radius and Turquoise inlays.

IMG-1078.jpg

IMG-1079.jpg

IMG-1080.jpg

IMG-1081.jpg

So i got my neck back the other day and with the nasty weather here in NJ this weekend i decided to bolt it up and get it playing. It set up great action is at about 3/64ths at the 22nd fret which is right where i like it. I also included a shot with his 7ish year old brother and my 1st build. there is a def theme that runs with them as i was going for that Charvel San Dimas Style.

Specs for the body were Mahogany and Koa its got a Duncan Custom in the Bridge and a Vintage Rail in the neck, Gotoh 1996t trem and a CTS Push pull for the pickup selection.
Neck is fully roasted Maple, 1 11/16 nut width, R3 Floyd nut, hipshot griplock tuners, Wolfgang neck carve, 10-16 Radius and Turquoise inlays.

IMG-1078.jpg

IMG-1079.jpg

IMG-1080.jpg

IMG-1081.jpg
That turned out FANTASTIC. The push-pull for PU selection is a neat trick to keep it looking super clean. It just looks fast!

Back
Top Bottom