Show your partscaster!

That dang G string! It’s not just a Les Paul issue. Lol.
That’s a beauty partscaster you have!
Thanks! It’s my dedicated slide guitar, so it’s strung with heavy strings and has pretty high action.

Didn't want to Jack @iaresee threads i figured id post in here.

Got a 2nd build underway, Koa Top, Mahogany Back didn't want to spend a fortune on a Original Floyd so i went with the 1996T. Duncan Custom in the Bridge and Vintage Rail in the neck with Lynch Wiring on the push pull. I have to wait for the neck to make its way back to me as they didn't cut the Floyd Shelf, so when that comes in i will post a completed pic.

IMG-0989.jpg

IMG-0990.jpg

IMG-0975.jpg

IMG-0973.jpg

IMG-0974.jpg

And i updated my original build with Duncan JB and Cool Rails.

IMG-0995.jpg

Didn't want to Jack @iaresee threads i figured id post in here.

Got a 2nd build underway, Koa Top, Mahogany Back didn't want to spend a fortune on a Original Floyd so i went with the 1996T. Duncan Custom in the Bridge and Vintage Rail in the neck with Lynch Wiring on the push pull. I have to wait for the neck to make its way back to me as they didn't cut the Floyd Shelf, so when that comes in i will post a completed pic.

IMG-0989.jpg

IMG-0990.jpg

IMG-0975.jpg

IMG-0973.jpg

IMG-0974.jpg

And i updated my original build with Duncan JB and Cool Rails.

IMG-0995.jpg
That looks fast. Love the simplicity of the build. The final look is so simple and clean.

With the price of anything genuinely good going very rapidly up a great parts guitar curated well is looking an even better bet than if ever has been. Be careful though to make sure you take how it will sound in to consideration. So many builds I see were entirely about the look. With Warmoth's "buy from stock" option you have more control than if you put in a custom order with a high end brand. You can use it to see the grain and weight of the pieces you are buying. This is invaluable .If I do a build I either talk to the company and make sure they know what I want exactly or preferably buy from stock. Particular woods in the common body shapes will always work if you know what weight and configurations are successful and you stick within these parameters .

With the price of anything genuinely good going very rapidly up a great parts guitar curated well is looking an even better bet than if ever has been. Be careful though to make sure you take how it will sound in to consideration. So many builds I see were entirely about the look. With Warmoth's "buy from stock" option you have more control than if you put in a custom order with a high end brand. You can use it to see the grain and weight of the pieces you are buying. This is invaluable .If I do a build I either talk to the company and make sure they know what I want exactly or preferably buy from stock. Particular woods in the common body shapes will always work if you know what weight and configurations are successful and you stick within these parameters .
Maybe you could partner with Warmouth to create a page there with vetted recommendations. There will always be people who want to go their own way for esthetic or other reasons, but a guide for folks willing to take advice would be great.

Maybe you could partner with Warmouth to create a page there with vetted recommendations. There will always be people who want to go their own way for esthetic or other reasons, but a guide for folks willing to take advice would be great.
:tearsofjoy: The number of awesome looking terrible sounding guitars I see is funny when you consider the guitar is supposed to be a MUSICAL instrument.

Fender is responsible for the body and neck, poached from a ‘97 American Standard Strat Deluxe. I played a ‘93 for years, and liked the setup. I‘m sure I won’t need to explain the inspiration behind the build… I’m obviously a fan. The pickups are matched to DGs guitar, including the small switch. Pickguard build is from Overdrive Custom Guitar Works. Added a short trem bar, which actually works very well! The assembled product is a great player.

486FCEA9-F17E-44F8-87D7-7B867EDED7AB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom