Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Looking to find the same sort of switches to the right of the pedals anyone know where they can be had ?

thanks,

Joe

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 104
thanks for the reply..... anywhere to buy similar enclosures ? maybe i could build them myself...

thanks,

Joe
I just buy boxes, parts and build them myself. Not expensive.

I usually get my parts from Small Bear -- they've been my main parts supplier for building pedals for maybe a decade now.

Built these this past weekend:

Switches were some SPST non-latching Carling switches I'd had in my parts bin for a long time. Standard TRS jack. Pots for the expression box were 25k Ohm linear 16mm I had kicking around. Enclosures are Hammond B-size, but Small Bear has Taiwan-made ones that are cheaper (they even have snazzy pre-finished ones).

Last edited:
Latest labelled up MFC :)

IMG_8985_zps7ip9yfsz.jpg

thanks for the reply..... anywhere to buy similar enclosures ? maybe i could build them myself...

thanks,

Joe
I buy my enclosures from Pedal Parts Plus (http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/). They will paint and drill your enclosures for you, and they sell switches, LEDs, jacks, and other handy goodies, all at great prices. I have built a number of pedals from their components, and the company is super wonderful to work with. Highly recommended.

I just buy boxes, parts and build them myself. Not expensive.

I usually get my parts from Small Bear -- they've been my main parts supplier for building pedals for maybe a decade now.

Built these this past weekend:

Switches were some SPST non-latching Carling switches I'd had in my parts bin for a long time. Standard TRS jack. Pots for the expression box were 25k Ohm linear 16mm I had kicking around. Enclosures are Hammond B-size, but Small Bear has Taiwan-made ones that are cheaper (they even have snazzy pre-finished ones).

thank you so much ! i will be purchasing some today

Just finished my MFC Labels using magnetic printer paper and a leather hole punch to make the holes. I created a template in Excel to create the shapes. I takes a couple minutes to cut out the labels and punch the wholes but I created the whole set for around 20 dollarsMFC101.jpg

Just finished my MFC Labels using magnetic printer paper and a leather hole punch to make the holes. I created a template in Excel to create the shapes. I takes a couple minutes to cut out the labels and punch the wholes but I created the whole set for around 20 dollarsView attachment 35854

I like 'em! No distractions from graphics. I'm curious what you used for a printer. I would be concerned that an inkjet would make easily scuffed/scratched labels, but it seems like a magnetic substrate would get destroyed in a laser.

I didn't like the ones with graphics on them, too busy. It is just a typical HP ink jet printer 5510. I don't expect them to last forever but now that I have the template and hole punch it will be easy to make more. I still have a few sheets of magnetic paper left.

I didn't like the ones with graphics on them, too busy. It is just a typical HP ink jet printer 5510. I don't expect them to last forever but now that I have the template and hole punch it will be easy to make more. I still have a few sheets of magnetic paper left.
I'm baffled at why you label'd the first row, and the up/down edit buttons. Furthermore...you can get an extra scene button if you make the preset-recall scene one. I set up my MFC much like this..except row 2 is scene 2-6. Even with my poor memory/attention-span .. I'm able to remember what the first 2 rows do without labels.

Not trying to dig on ya... I just don't get why you went to the trouble. Nice DIY tho.

I'm baffled at why you label'd the first row, and the up/down edit buttons. Furthermore...you can get an extra scene button if you make the preset-recall scene one. I set up my MFC much like this..except row 2 is scene 2-6. Even with my poor memory/attention-span .. I'm able to remember what the first 2 rows do without labels.

Not trying to dig on ya... I just don't get why you went to the trouble. Nice DIY tho.

I went through the trouble because my very high OCD standards demanded it :). Of course I can remember what Rows 1 and 2 stand for but if I didn't label them it wouldn't be symmetrical and I couldn't have lived with that. I develop a nervous twitch just thinking about it :). Just the way I am wired. Didn't even cross my mind NOT to make labels for those switches.

Back
Top Bottom