Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Agreed, the EB VPjr.'s are great expression pedals. You can pick them up for like $25 or so with a scratch pot, spend about $10 in parts buying a proper taper 100k pot, and you've got a fantastic exp pedal. When I mod mind I also spray paint them black. Look great.

Nice compact size and great range of travel. I actually preferred mine over the Fractal EV-1, which was just too big

I do however love my Mission EP1 with spring option for wah and other effects though, great at what it does

Sometimes the "best" pedal isn't even a pedal though. I have a couple of momentary switches set up as well, where I adjust the how long it goes to adjust the parameter from the off value to the on value. As an example, rotary speed, where it can slowly ramp up with each tap.

Likewise, wah, where instead of sweeping back and forth, I can go from one end to the other of the range with just a tap, which is pretty cool for some funk stuff, and much easier to tap my foot than to sweep the pedal back and forth.

I'm intrigued by this! So could I for example, assign two momentary switches (one "up" / one "down") to tap incremental increases / decreases to my delay levels? I've always struggled with using potentiometer / wah type pedals accurately while singing, this would be huge...!

Looking to find the same sort of switches to the right of the pedals anyone know where they can be had ?

thanks,

Joe

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 104
thanks for the reply..... anywhere to buy similar enclosures ? maybe i could build them myself...

thanks,

Joe
I just buy boxes, parts and build them myself. Not expensive.

I usually get my parts from Small Bear -- they've been my main parts supplier for building pedals for maybe a decade now.

Built these this past weekend:

Switches were some SPST non-latching Carling switches I'd had in my parts bin for a long time. Standard TRS jack. Pots for the expression box were 25k Ohm linear 16mm I had kicking around. Enclosures are Hammond B-size, but Small Bear has Taiwan-made ones that are cheaper (they even have snazzy pre-finished ones).

Last edited:
Latest labelled up MFC :)

IMG_8985_zps7ip9yfsz.jpg

thanks for the reply..... anywhere to buy similar enclosures ? maybe i could build them myself...

thanks,

Joe
I buy my enclosures from Pedal Parts Plus (http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/). They will paint and drill your enclosures for you, and they sell switches, LEDs, jacks, and other handy goodies, all at great prices. I have built a number of pedals from their components, and the company is super wonderful to work with. Highly recommended.

I just buy boxes, parts and build them myself. Not expensive.

I usually get my parts from Small Bear -- they've been my main parts supplier for building pedals for maybe a decade now.

Built these this past weekend:

Switches were some SPST non-latching Carling switches I'd had in my parts bin for a long time. Standard TRS jack. Pots for the expression box were 25k Ohm linear 16mm I had kicking around. Enclosures are Hammond B-size, but Small Bear has Taiwan-made ones that are cheaper (they even have snazzy pre-finished ones).

thank you so much ! i will be purchasing some today

Just finished my MFC Labels using magnetic printer paper and a leather hole punch to make the holes. I created a template in Excel to create the shapes. I takes a couple minutes to cut out the labels and punch the wholes but I created the whole set for around 20 dollarsMFC101.jpg

Just finished my MFC Labels using magnetic printer paper and a leather hole punch to make the holes. I created a template in Excel to create the shapes. I takes a couple minutes to cut out the labels and punch the wholes but I created the whole set for around 20 dollarsView attachment 35854

I like 'em! No distractions from graphics. I'm curious what you used for a printer. I would be concerned that an inkjet would make easily scuffed/scratched labels, but it seems like a magnetic substrate would get destroyed in a laser.

I didn't like the ones with graphics on them, too busy. It is just a typical HP ink jet printer 5510. I don't expect them to last forever but now that I have the template and hole punch it will be easy to make more. I still have a few sheets of magnetic paper left.

I didn't like the ones with graphics on them, too busy. It is just a typical HP ink jet printer 5510. I don't expect them to last forever but now that I have the template and hole punch it will be easy to make more. I still have a few sheets of magnetic paper left.
I'm baffled at why you label'd the first row, and the up/down edit buttons. Furthermore...you can get an extra scene button if you make the preset-recall scene one. I set up my MFC much like this..except row 2 is scene 2-6. Even with my poor memory/attention-span .. I'm able to remember what the first 2 rows do without labels.

Not trying to dig on ya... I just don't get why you went to the trouble. Nice DIY tho.

I'm baffled at why you label'd the first row, and the up/down edit buttons. Furthermore...you can get an extra scene button if you make the preset-recall scene one. I set up my MFC much like this..except row 2 is scene 2-6. Even with my poor memory/attention-span .. I'm able to remember what the first 2 rows do without labels.

Not trying to dig on ya... I just don't get why you went to the trouble. Nice DIY tho.

I went through the trouble because my very high OCD standards demanded it :). Of course I can remember what Rows 1 and 2 stand for but if I didn't label them it wouldn't be symmetrical and I couldn't have lived with that. I develop a nervous twitch just thinking about it :). Just the way I am wired. Didn't even cross my mind NOT to make labels for those switches.

Back
Top Bottom