Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

I've got to have many channels in this old rig…

UltraCompactRack1.jpg

…to accomplish the same things that I can now do with one channel and the setup below.

PedalBoardSmall.JPG

I guess I'm a pedalboard nerd and damn proud of it. ;)

P.S. That is the initial layout, you won't see any wires whatsoever when it's all done.

3u8ypure.jpg

jyseduve.jpg

y7a4amed.jpg

Gator 6u rack case, AxeFX1-MarkII, Matrix800, Furman power conditioner, KoRG tuner, Sennheiser wireless.

Eganter 212X cab w vintage30 speakers-running stereo! =]

PedalPad 36" pedalboard w custom 3/8"CDX board
The expression pedals from Right to Left are :
Volume - directly between guitar and Axe input. Volume blocks are not even close IMHO =]).
Wah - with a Mission Engineering momentary switch purchased from their website and installed by me. Could quite fall in love with auto engage for the wah. I found myself wanting in and out of the wah block at different times and I'm not really a conventional Wah user...
Whammy/Wah2 - ...
Various modulation adjust - right now I use this for bypassing and increasing depth/rate of a chorus-rotary combination I'm currently digging. This will change I'm sure throughout my freshman year as an Axeidiot.

I made a custom box above the MFC for the 4 external switches (again purchased from Mission!). I have yet to determine how to best use these. I'd like a fun envelope filter maybe and wouldn't mind finding a creative way to free up some I/A switches. Am open to suggestions if anyone can help steer me in the right direction..

I recently built a pedalboard around the MFC-101 using 1/2" plywood with ABS plastic sheeting on top and bottom. Board dimensions are 42" x 16". The board is extra wide since I perform in a KISS tribute band and need extra space between pedals so Ace's space boots will fit. :D

From left to right, I used a Mission SP-1 with LED option and an EP-1 with spring option. On the right side of the board are 2 - Roland EV-5s. Currently using these 4 pedals as Expression 1 through 4 with the switch on the SP-1 as Expression 5. I used 2 - Hammond 1590B enclosures from Pedal Parts Plus, mounted in front of the MFC for Scenes 1 through 4. Also mounted a Rocktron Banshee Talkbox.

Using Planet Waves Modular Snake system to: 1.) send audio to talkbox, 2.) send power to talkbox, 3.) send power to lighting module, 4.) send/receive MFC CAT5 data, 5.) connect switch on SP-1 to PEDAL jack on back of Axe-Fx II. I've incorporated junction boxes on the board and behind the Axe-Fx to keep the connections and excess wire contained.
DSC05832a.jpg
DSC05785a.jpg
DSC05788a.jpg
DSC05836a.jpg

I recently built a pedalboard around the MFC-101 using 1/2" plywood with ABS plastic sheeting on top and bottom. Board dimensions are 42" x 16". The board is extra wide since I perform in a KISS tribute band and need extra space between pedals so Ace's space boots will fit. :D

From left to right, I used a Mission SP-1 with LED option and an EP-1 with spring option. On the right side of the board are 2 - Roland EV-5s. Currently using these 4 pedals as Expression 1 through 4 with the switch on the SP-1 as Expression 5. I used 2 - Hammond 1590B enclosures from Pedal Parts Plus, mounted in front of the MFC for Scenes 1 through 4. Also mounted a Rocktron Banshee Talkbox.

Using Planet Waves Modular Snake system to: 1.) send audio to talkbox, 2.) send power to talkbox, 3.) send power to lighting module, 4.) send/receive MFC CAT5 data, 5.) connect switch on SP-1 to PEDAL jack on back of Axe-Fx II. I've incorporated junction boxes on the board and behind the Axe-Fx to keep the connections and excess wire contained.
View attachment 20093
View attachment 20094
View attachment 20095
View attachment 20096

Nice looking set up!

Sent from my iPhone

This is way cool. Skateboard or snowboard grip tape I'm guessing?

Yep. Indigrip Skate Co. 5 says from PDF submission til delivery. Awesome. I used a tattoo koi image I found in a book and put it on a longboard template which is 11x50" whereas the skateboard template was 9x33. Not wide enough for an EB vp jr (10").

This application was easy as pie as well! I hope others try this too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mission - all respect. But I have allways returned to the footish "dang-this-piece-under-my-foot-just-get-my-spine-mojo" EB.

Mission - all respect. But I have allways returned to the footish "dang-this-piece-under-my-foot-just-get-my-spine-mojo" EB.

Mission is a great company with a solid product. They seem to be all over AxeFX like white on rice and couldn't be more customer savvy. Excellent work. I however am 6'4" and their pedals just don't feel right as vol/exp under my feet to me. I still order their stuff all the time tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom