Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

What pedalboard are you using? Size is perfect, been happy with it so far?

This one: CNB PDC-4100E Flight Pedal Case - RondoMusic.com

I cut a piece of 3/4" MDF to fit inside the bottom of the case and raise everything up. I've used these cases for years for modelers. Things like the HD500x and Boss GT-100 fit perfectly with room for an expression pedal. Never any complaints about them.

As for the MFC, it's actually my second one. I sold the first one last year. Stupid. I love the thing.

This one: CNB PDC-4100E Flight Pedal Case - RondoMusic.com I cut a piece of 3/4" MDF to fit inside the bottom of the case and raise everything up. I've used these cases for years for modelers. Things like the HD500x and Boss GT-100 fit perfectly with room for an expression pedal. Never any complaints about them. As for the MFC, it's actually my second one. I sold the first one last year. Stupid. I love the thing.

Cool, thanks man.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Those CNB units from Rondo are pretty nice. I used one for my pedal board, although I think it's a size or two up. Quality vs cost is a very good ratio. Highly recommended. Only problem is, they don't maintain a consistent stock. Not all sizes/styles are always available. Gotta keep your eye on them.

My only issue is that the lids of these cases have edges that may bend, thus making it harder to reattach the body of the ata case... I have a few PBs and have one of these as well but I have a 3/8" board I remove from it...

Rig 2 at our church's second campus
a4edy8yt.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just lazy and just enough time between services to drive over, park, grab my guitar, turn on the rig, the G90 transmitter and start playing. No time to setup and take down a rig.

Our bassist built a custom board for me including drilling holes so the pedals mounted flush, it all locks down into a heavy duty case. Then I used heavy duty velcro to hold them down. MFC, mission for WAH (spring loaded) and the Dunlop for volume. I used the Cat5 coupler on the board and in my rack so that if someone tripped over the cable from the run, they would at worst break the cable from the run or a coupler and not my MFC or Axe jacks (heard horror stories about those getting broken). Also, since I sing lead and we are typically on small stages we built those little mic holders into the board (all of us are using them now). Otherwise nothing special, but my guitar rig setup is so easy now, power cable - XLR to snake - Cat5e between rack and board, wireless units stay on the guitar straps.
WP_20140322_001.jpg

It's just parts from a hardware store. 3/4" flange, 3/4" nipple, 3/4" coupler (plumbing isle). Then I drilled the holes with a #7 Irwin bit and threaded with a 1/4 20 threader and put in the 1/4 20 thumb screws. It is not exactly a "production ready" model, but I saw it elsewhere and thought it was a cool idea - and it works well. This is one that hasn't been painted yet, might make the assembly/parts more clear.

WP_20140322_002.jpgWP_20140322_003.jpg

My 2014 Set up. 24x12 flat trash board, one FV500 modded to add a toe switch so it either controls volume or wah and a mini expression knob tied to delay level

edy5uzes.jpg

Keeping the stand steady is the key.

No doubt. But, I don't think I've ever seen a pedalboard that weighed less than a mic stand base, so I'm not sure how big a concern that is.

I'd be more concerned about ripping out the mounting bolts because the pedalboard wouldn't move. Too much leverage. Mic stands are typically about 5' tall or so. You could put a helluva lotta pressure on that flange without much effort at all.

Show us your MFC Setups! ( Post your pix! )

No doubt. But, I don't think I've ever seen a pedalboard that weighed less than a mic stand base, so I'm not sure how big a concern that is.

I'd be more concerned about ripping out the mounting bolts because the pedalboard wouldn't move. Too much leverage. Mic stands are typically about 5' tall or so. You could put a helluva lotta pressure on that flange without much effort at all.

I wasn't referring to the pedalboard moving or tipping. I was talking about the mic stand wobbling a bit while in the stand holder. It did work well but since only about 2-3 inches of the stand is within the holder, mine was a bit wobbly.
However I only had one screw in mine. The fact that this one in the thread has 3 screws may make it firm up more.

I wrapped my mic stand with a layer of tape so that it filled the mic stand holder more and fit more snug.

I never had an issue with the bolts coming out at all

The mic stand does wobble a bit in it unless you do something like wrap gaff around it to make it sit snug, or drill holes in the mic stand and insert the thumb screws through it. You still need to have something to thicken the stand up. It is far from a perfect design, but I have used it for a few shows without issue. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom