Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Yes is this

Thank you for letting me know Marco.

Looking at his page, looks like his designs have 'evolved' over the past few months to look more and more 'familiar', if you know what I mean. Disappointing to see if I'm being honest - I love creativity and people coming up with new stuff; even the use of the name suggests neither. I won't be contacting him as you suggested though; as I said before, live and let live - and I (genuinely) wish him every success.

Anyway, let's not derail this thread. Labels look great and your board looks fab mate!

Cheers
Sukh

IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0222.JPG Hey guys! This is my rig to show! Couple of things to notice:
1. Separate cab sim module (Cabzeus) let me do three things:
- free up fx loop for real fx (H9 there to overcome processor power limits and serve as main reverb or harmonizer in more complex presets)
- use its through outputs to have real 4x12 cab beside of FOH. I'm using Stealth power amp to drive the cab.
- use embeded headphone output to play at home.
Yes it has no IRs but frankly speaking for live play barely anyone can spot the difference, and for the studio I can use either real cab-mike combination or torpedo or internal AX8 cab block.
2. Reflex expression has three inputs so it serving for both AX8 and H9 simultaneously or separately depending on preset.
3 Morningstar midi control can send several commands at one push of a button so I can operate on all my devices at once: AX8, H9, Reflex expression and even Cabzeus.
So this is my rig, I'd rather have longer board (to place boss switch into vertical positon and grab Bluesky on board) but it is enough for a moment so I'm waiting the need to grow up.
Next steps is:
Order 9volts to usb adapter to connect yamaha Bluetooth midi adapter to AX8 and never use cables anymore (only Cabzeus still require a cabel)
Install coupler of main power to have only one cable going out of the boatd - for AX8 and Cioks.

Last edited:
Thank you for letting me know Marco.

Looking at his page, looks like his designs have 'evolved' over the past few months to look more and more 'familiar', if you know what I mean. Disappointing to see if I'm being honest - I love creativity and people coming up with new stuff; even the use of the name suggests neither. I won't be contacting him as you suggested though; as I said before, live and let live - and I (genuinely) wish him every success.

Anyway, let's not derail this thread. Labels look great and your board looks fab mate!

Cheers
Sukh

Ok am only an user :)

Had the ax8 about a month now, sort of getting the hang of it. Using a QSC K10.2.

View attachment 41271
Nice setup. I just got my ax8 recently and have been trying to decide if attaching my Strymon pedals is worthwhile. So far just using ax8. Did you try without it and missed it? Also curious how you like the new QSC? I have v1 and wondering how the newer one stacks up.

Nice setup. I just got my ax8 recently and have been trying to decide if attaching my Strymon pedals is worthwhile. So far just using ax8. Did you try without it and missed it? Also curious how you like the new QSC? I have v1 and wondering how the newer one stacks up.

Wondering the same thing about what to keep; these are what remain of the cull so far. Admittedly the individual pedals are more for fun than anything. One reason for using the Strymon would be to allow cpu headroom within presets but there appears to be ways around it from what I've read. I'll be spending time trying to replicate some of my favourite sounds with the ax8 too, particularly the Transmisser.

I couldn't comment on the difference between the QSC v1 and v2; only used the 2. I thought the different presets in the v2 would be needed for bass but so far it's rather good on the default.

After 6 weeks with my AX8 I think it's good to go for pretty much anything i throw at it!

I was aiming for the most practical/smallest footprint of a set up I could manage haha

PTC Jr with a Line 6 G-50 mounted underneath, along with all power.

PT mini noir top left, & ofcourse the AX8 on top.

Almost fits perfect on the top, AX8 sticks out about 1/5" on the right side but it does not affect it fitting inside the hard case thankfully & with this past weeks addition of the Barefoot Buttons I feel like I'm set!

*I do have an expression pedal an an external DMC vintage wah but currently am not using it in my setup*

Attachments

• IMG_9925.JPG
    IMG_9925.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
20170819_174125_resized.jpg 20170817_224036_resized.jpg IMG_20170817_230740_296_resized.jpg 20170819_235941_resized.jpg 20170819_174142_resized.jpg 20170819_174225_resized.jpg

After watching this thread and seeing all the great options, I went with the Temple Trio 28. Really like this setup along with grab and go functionality. The Barefoot buttons are great!! Glad I found them on here. They are great people to deal with as well. I wanted to exchange a few after purchase and all it took was an email and a few days later they had the return and I had the new ones.

Last edited:
View attachment 41495 View attachment 41496 View attachment 41497 View attachment 41498 View attachment 41499 After watching this thread and seeing all the great options, I went with the Temple Trio 28. Really like this setup along with grab and go functionality. The Barefoot buttons are great!! Glad I found them on here. They are great people to deal with as well. I wanted to exchange a few after purchase and all it took was an email and a few days later they had the return and I had the new ones.

Nice and tidy.

View attachment 41495 View attachment 41496 View attachment 41497 View attachment 41498 View attachment 41499 After watching this thread and seeing all the great options, I went with the Temple Trio 28. Really like this setup along with grab and go functionality. The Barefoot buttons are great!! Glad I found them on here. They are great people to deal with as well. I wanted to exchange a few after purchase and all it took was an email and a few days later they had the return and I had the new ones.

Nice Rig! Where do you get those larger knobs that go over the switches?

How did you fit the XLR cables through the small holes on the pedal board's surface? It always looks to me like an XLR connector will have a hard time fitting through those holes.

How did you fit the XLR cables through the small holes on the pedal board's surface? It always looks to me like an XLR connector will have a hard time fitting through those holes.

Very carefully :)

I had to unscrew the metal tube on the end and squeeze them pretty hard to fit them through. I do wish those holes were a bit bigger, for XLR and the power chord to the AX8. I had to shave the power chord down a tad to get it to go through as well.

View attachment 41647 View attachment 41495 View attachment 41496 View attachment 41497 View attachment 41498 View attachment 41499

After watching this thread and seeing all the great options, I went with the Temple Trio 28. Really like this setup along with grab and go functionality. The Barefoot buttons are great!! Glad I found them on here. They are great people to deal with as well. I wanted to exchange a few after purchase and all it took was an email and a few days later they had the return and I had the new ones.

What Cables are you using?

Back
Top Bottom