Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

AX-8%20Set%20Up.jpg

Theater rehearsal tonight. PRS Private Stock by 13 pin cable into Subsonic Filter Box. Filter Box by 13 pin into GR-55. GR-55 into AX8. AX8 into AER Compact 60/2 Vocal Channel about 6 feet behind me. My 13 pin cables are too long.

Is there a list of live-in pedalboard cases that can fit the AX8 and a Mission pedal that are tall enough to clear the 4" bar? I gave up trying to find one that is tall enough with an AX8 on top of a Pedaltrain (I have the Fly model), as the slant adds 2 or more inches to the height.

Hopefully this doesn't come across wrong, but, what is the purpose of having all the connections on the side on the pedalboard? Seems like it would be easy enough to just plug everything in on the back of the AX8. Again, don't take this question the wrong way, just wondering if I'm missing something.

Its just an option, for the people that like it, its only better if its better for you. Thats the great thing about this kind of gear you can set it up however you like and thats the best for you. I play in a 13 piece show band from time to time and having all my cables going out the front means they get stepped on, to the side is cleaner and safer for me.

Is there a list of live-in pedalboard cases that can fit the AX8 and a Mission pedal that are tall enough to clear the 4" bar? I gave up trying to find one that is tall enough with an AX8 on top of a Pedaltrain (I have the Fly model), as the slant adds 2 or more inches to the height.

You could try this. I mounted it to plywood and it works great.

This is a pretty simple design. I needed it to fit inside of my pedaltrain case and it works perfect. I also used bicycle chain links to secure the AX8 and my Mission pedal to the plywood, the links are almost to short for the AX8 but they do work and hold it very secure.

View attachment 33734 View attachment 33735 View attachment 33737 View attachment 33738

@shredward - nice board. I am thinking of getting one of these temple boards.

A couple of questions please?

1) How does the AX8 mount to the board? I see the screw mounts underneath - but how does the AX8 fit to the mounts themselves? Velcro? Or are they in turn screwed into the screw holes underneath the AX8?

2) On the side modules that carry your XLR outs etc. - Do the modules that you order come from Temple with suitable flying leads - or do you need to make up cable yourself and do all the soldering?

Thanks!
Temple has a really cool mounting plate system that sticks to the bottom of the board, I did have to take the rubber feet off but thats not a problem. It works very well and is very secure. The XLR leads are raw, you have to do all the soldering yourself, fortunately years of my youth was spent building model airplanes and it made me very handy with a soldering iron. I sell boards with a full cable package ready to go, all you have to do is mount your AX8 and plug it all in.

Built in Mic stand on the floor, the lid becomes a guitar stand when removed.
Orange micro terror as power amp for backline cab, Vein-tap's reversed "little splitter" for 2 separate inputs (one for the Line6 Relay G50 and one for cable). The XLR's and cab out is mounted at the back for easy acess, eaton power strip protects the unit and Roland EV-5 Exp. pedal for some foot action.
IMG_20161021_115708.jpg IMG_201610LessRes.jpgIMG_20161lessRes.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, what hardcase pedalboard is this one?
It was made by a Hungarian company called "Microsound" (I can not post links yet...) with their own tag "MS-Case".
It was built with parts called "easy case" wich You can find on the net if needed.
The mic stand is a K&M 22160 "Ceiling stand" wich was screwed to the floor plate and dose the job wery well.
The guitar stand was made by me based on the gator gig box which is a really great idea. I cut out the shape from plywood and added bicycle inner tube rubber to the edges wich "grabbes" and holds the instruments firmly and also secure them from scratches.

Regards

Last edited:
It was made by a Hungarian company called "Microsound" (I can not post links yet...) with their own tag "MS-Case".
It was built with parts called "easy case" wich You can find on the net if needed.
The mic stand is a K&M 22160 "Ceiling stand" wich was screwed to the floor plate and dose the job wery well.
The guitar stand was made by me based on the gator gig box which is a really great idea. I cut out the shape from plywood and added bicycle inner tube rubber to the edges wich "grabbes" and holds the instruments firmly and also secure them from scratches.

Regards
Thanks that explained it as I have not seen such a construct here in USA.

Built in Mic stand on the floor, the lid becomes a guitar stand when removed.
Orange micro terror as power amp for backline cab, Vein-tap's reversed "little splitter" for 2 separate inputs (one for the Line6 Relay G50 and one for cable). The XLR's and cab out is mounted at the back for easy acess, eaton power strip protects the unit and Roland EV-5 Exp. pedal for some foot action.
View attachment 36026 View attachment 36028View attachment 36027

Ingenious ! great job !

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I just updated mine. Big thanks to mrtheedge2U for answering some questions for me. Here's my TA Trio 28 board, and my Pelican Storm im2950 case. I Ordered the case with foam, removed 2 layers and viola! Perfect fit. I still need to get a custom length TRS cable for my expression pedal. But otherwise, she's done. (Well, for now)

View attachment 36129 View attachment 36130 View attachment 36131 I just updated mine. Big thanks to mrtheedge2U for answering some questions for me. Here's my TA Trio 28 board, and my Pelican Storm im2950 case. I Ordered the case with foam, removed 2 layers and viola! Perfect fit. I still need to get a custom length TRS cable for my expression pedal. But otherwise, she's done. (Well, for now)
My wife asked if the "V" stands for "Victory"! (I said, "yes"). For the record My last board had a couple of EB pedals, so I marked one with a "V", so I could easily see it on a dark stage.

Back
Top Bottom