Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Can't remember what I ordered and that sounds right. Thanks iaresee. I don't think the resistor value is that important since you'll calibrate it anyway.
The actual value isn't important, but you'll definitely want a linear taper.

What's the best pedalboard if I'm just using an AX8 and one Mission EP-1? Just want to be as small and snug as possible.

What's the best pedalboard if I'm just using an AX8 and one Mission EP-1? Just want to be as small and snug as possible.
Can't go wrong with the PedalTrain Classic 2. It's actually got enough room for 2 Missions. Or one EV-1. Unfortunately, the Classic JR isn't quite wide enough. Can't beat the weight/strength ratio either.

IMG_5170.jpg

I'm still in "design mode", but I think I'm close to what my board will look like. From R-L, EB Vol Pedal > AX8. Above the EB is an A/B switch for my Lap Steel. Next is my EV-1 basically dedicated to WAH. Next is where my second EV-1 will go to control "Shimmer" effects, etc. I also anticipate a small, dedicated button for a volume boost. I play in a duo, so I switch between guitar (Taylor T5), Bass, (Warwick Star), a Fender Mando-Strat , and a Rondo Lap Steel. The, I want to get some TSR cables cut to length. Almost there.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Is there anybody who owns the Pedaltrain Novo 24 hard case version?
I have the soft case and it would be interesting to know if the AX8 fits in the hard case.

I'm still in "design mode", but I think I'm close to what my board will look like. From R-L, EB Vol Pedal > AX8. Above the EB is an A/B switch for my Lap Steel. Next is my EV-1 basically dedicated to WAH. Next is where my second EV-1 will go to control "Shimmer" effects, etc. I also anticipate a small, dedicated button for a volume boost. I play in a duo, so I switch between guitar (Taylor T5), Bass, (Warwick Star), a Fender Mando-Strat , and a Rondo Lap Steel. The, I want to get some TSR cables cut to length. Almost there.
Nice. I'm guessing the board is 32x16?

Correct. It's th Roadcase 32x16
Our needs are similar. I need a board that will house the AX8, two EV-1 pedals and a footswitch, all side by side. I figure 29 inches is the minimum length to do that.

This: http://www.roadcasesusa.com/effect-pedal-case-id-28x14x6-3-8-ply-factory-closeout/

Or their 32" version.

The newer ones have different corner protectors and apparently the foam is applied a little better (flatter). Still, this is a good price for a hardcase board. Mine has worked perfectly so far. I've had no need for the heavy duty velcro. What they include seems to be just fine.

My post from above: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ig-post-your-pics.107905/page-15#post-1347209

I hope soon to have one of those Shure pedal wireless units (GLXD16), and add a Morningstar MC6. At least one of those will be on the floor though, along with the orange spring-loaded Mission pedal. I have the 28" version, but I definitely should have gone with the 32" (and... you know how it is... I still might).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom