Show us the Quilts!

Don't know if that second one counts. There's some quilt there but ....
IMG_2352.jpg
IMG_2379.jpg

EDIT: My photography, err, "skills" are (obviously) pretty bad. My composition on that second pic did it no favors. Here's a better shot by a much better photographer in which you can actually see what's going on with that one:

Medicine Man #1p.jpg

Last edited:
That KL is just mindblowing. I only have seen a LP-Style KL that was built for JH.

It's a great concept, extraordinarly well-executed on a fantastic instrument. I literally can't say enough good things about Ken's work. Super nice guy to boot. I'd wanted one of his Explorers for years but never ran across the right one. This isn't too bad a consolation prize. ;)

Don't know if that second one counts. There's some quilt there but ....
View attachment 125994
View attachment 125995

EDIT: My photography, err, "skills" are (obviously) pretty bad. My composition on that second pic did it no favors. Here's a better shot by a much better photographer in which you can actually see what's going on with that one:

View attachment 126035
What brand and model are both of these guitars? Orange one look almost like the Mann bridge that McInturff used...

What brand and model are both of these guitars? Orange one look almost like the Mann bridge that McInturff used...

Top one is a Thorn Artisan Master.

Bottom is by Kenneth Lawrence Instruments. Ken's singlecut model is the Arcata but this one predates that model name emerging.

My 2012 CS Strat. It’s supposed to a flame top and the shop I got it from also had its brother that was very flamey. Actually wish I’d got that one now, but preferred the quilt at the time. Still a beautiful guitar, if a bit showy. It sounds and plays amazing.

8540332392_0b6a7a3432_c.jpg

Upon returning to this thread to see a new post, I took another look at this guitar. This guilt is crazy. Depending how long you look at it, it turns into a topographical map of sorts. With mountains and lowlands. Crazy 3D!
Yes, it is extremely unique. The finish started out as 'Faded Blue Jean', but it obviously sat in the sun in the display window far too long and faded most of the blue right out of it. I was wondering if that is what added the 3-D effect. I'm pretty sure I won't find another one like it.

btw - I named her 'Hazel' as she matches my eyes. My only guitar with a name...

Back
Top Bottom