Should i update to 5.07?

shouldn't be having problems with a $2500 piece of kit.

why ? cliff screwed em' up , not him

Haha wow i thought this was a user forum not the complaint section.

I've done every axe update since v2 and I've had zero problems.

Get a new line already, you're becoming boring too fast.

There are pretty simple ways to fix any of the problem encountered so far.

shouldn't be having problems with a $2500 piece of kit.

you are going to have to deal with the dual delay at some point.

why ? cliff screwed em' up , not him

Hmmm, have you visited the K forum lately?

TheSphincts said:
hmph, line6 that's funny

All kidding aside, this is a great forum and I've always gotten an answer to every question I've ever had. If you're having a bad experience with the fractal product I'm sure someone can help. But alienating people on the forum or slamming fractal probably won't help.

Thanks everyone for the update info and opinions. I'll give 5.07 a shot. Worst case scenario I can always go back to 5.04.
By the time I actually have the time to update 6.0 may be out anyways. Lol

Thanks everyone for the update info and opinions. I'll give 5.07 a shot. Worst case scenario I can always go back to 5.04.
By the time I actually have the time to update 6.0 may be out anyways. Lol

If you run into any problems pm me. We can walk through it.

my axe sounded so much better to me after 5.07... it's actually forcing me to play (right now actually!) when i have other work to do. that hasn't happened to me in a while.

Hi, I followed Javajunkie's "how to" update post. After I updated to 5.0.7 my unit locked up every time I turned it on, regardless of what presets it was on. And sometimes it locked up on the "Axe FX II" banner that comes up during start up.
Never even made it to a full preset load. Once, when it didn't lock up on start up. I reset the unit again. Played for a few minutes. Then the meters froze and no sound! This is my second attempt at 5.0.7. I would say this firmware has an issue. Well, at least for me. I kept restarting till I got it in to the utility mode and managed to load 5.0.4 back in. And everything works fine. Just thought I 'd share.
Jamie

Last edited:
Hi, I followed Javajunkie's "how to" update post. After I updated to 5.0.7 my unit locked up every time I turn it on, regardless of what presets it was on. And sometimes it locked up on the "Axe FX II" banner that comes up during start up.
Never even made it to a full preset load. Once, when it didn't lock up on start up. I reset the unit again. Played for a few minutes. Then the meters froze and no sound! This is my second attempt at 5.0.7. I would say this firmware has an issue. Well, at least for me. I kept restarting till I got it in to the utility mode and managed to load 5.0.4 back in. And everything works fine. Just thought I 'd share.
Jamie

Had you loaded your presets in?
Btw if you hold the recall button on start up it will load a blank preset. That would probably stop those freeze to help diagnose better.

In your case I would recover the factory presets from the built in memory before upgrading. My guess is that it will be stable then. If that is the case then it is corrupt presets. If it is, i would send your banks to support so by can see what it going on.
If is not stable, then you should contact support so they can figure it out.

As a matter of fact, if you pm me I will give you my address . If you send me your banks and your system dump, I wil try and figure out what is going on.

I reinstalled 5.07 successfully. My dual delay right side is at 1275ms instead of 340ms and mix is at 11.4 instead of 9.8, otherwise ok. The weird issue now is, even though I saved the corrected block I can't paste it in and gave to manually reset the delay in each patch.

Still on 5.04 here. I haven't encountered any bugs, but I'm not pushing things right now as I'm jammed up busy with work.

I guess I'll hold off on 5.07.

@thesphincts: I suggesting relaxing a bit, keep posts constructive. For the most part it's a great group of people here, so there's no reason to be negative. And FYI I use a few software packages that cost $15,000 EACH and bug fixes are a part of the process, especially as features are introduced and updated.

I reinstalled 5.07 successfully. My dual delay right side is at 1275ms instead of 340ms and mix is at 11.4 instead of 9.8, otherwise ok. The weird issue now is, even though I saved the corrected block I can't paste it in and gave to manually reset the delay in each patch.

Is the problem when you use axe edit?

Yes the saved block won't work. You'll need to resave it. Pain in the ass, I know.
Delete the old one.
Funny: thus far, using Axe Edit, I have not run into blocks that don't work with 5.7. Is this because I jumped from 5.1 to 5.7 w/o stopping at 5.4? I was waiting fror the new version of Axe Edit to come out. I don't think it did until 5.7 so I just skipped over 5.4. All my blocks seem fine, including delays. Did I just get lucky skipping 5.4?

Also, to make clear, earlier comment was that one issue with 5.7 was that it corrected incorrect delay times from previous version. Was this an issue that was introduced in 5.04? Did it relate only to dual delay? I do notice (now that I check) that some of my 2290 settings are off in a similar way. IE, I have an Andy Timmons preset that I use frequently. He uses a pair of DMMs set at 500 and 375ms. I used a 2290 in stereo and, now that I check, I see the 500ms is OK but the 375 is now 2000+ This sounds like the issue being discussed.

You know, it might be really helpful for those of us who are not that quick on this stuff to put up a thread/ sticky or other notice as to exactly what to watch for and how to fix. IE: does this affect dual and 2290? If so, in what way? What is easiest fix...? I think there might be a fair amount of unwarrented fear and misunderstanding as to exactly what the glitches in pre 5.07 were.

And, yes, I confess. I do not always read the release notes...:roll Even worse, I don't always understand them when I do!! :?

Funny: thus far, using Axe Edit, I have not run into blocks that don't work with 5.7. Is this because I jumped from 5.1 to 5.7 w/o stopping at 5.4? I was waiting fror the new version of Axe Edit to come out. I don't think it did until 5.7 so I just skipped over 5.4. All my blocks seem fine, including delays. Did I just get lucky skipping 5.4?

Also, to make clear, earlier comment was that one issue with 5.7 was that it corrected incorrect delay times from previous version. Was this an issue that was introduced in 5.04? Did it relate only to dual delay? I do notice (now that I check) that some of my 2290 settings are off in a similar way. IE, I have an Andy Timmons preset that I use frequently. He uses a pair of DMMs set at 500 and 375ms. I used a 2290 in stereo and, now that I check, I see the 500ms is OK but the 375 is now 2000+ This sounds like the issue being discussed.

You know, it might be really helpful for those of us who are not that quick on this stuff to put up a thread/ sticky or other notice as to exactly what to watch for and how to fix. IE: does this affect dual and 2290? If so, in what way? What is easiest fix...? I think there might be a fair amount of unwarrented fear and misunderstanding as to exactly what the glitches in pre 5.07 were.

And, yes, I confess. I do not always read the release notes...:roll Even worse, I don't always understand them when I do!! :?

I'll work on the sticky.
You would not have experienced the 5.04 bugs if you never installed that version of the firmware.

i'm not sure how long the delay has been wrong. I just noticed it last week and reported it. I'm really surprised no one has noticed until now. It has probably been there a while. I guess most of us keep the delays under a second for dual delays. I know I do.

I'm starting with a brand new Axe 2 - it's got FW 5.04 factory loaded - I'm not loading any backed-up presets from previous FW versions - so it's starting from a clean slate.

I've read Sean's post on fixing issues if upgrading from 5.04 to 5.07

So just to make sure I'm not going to create a load of presets and then run into probs in the future, I have 3 simple questions -

Q1. The only issue I should encounter is that the current release of Axe-Edit (1.273) is that the Bank backup/sync function will time out and I should wait until next release of AE before using that function?

Q3. Can I just download the latest Preset Banks from FAS and treat these as a backup of the stock 5.07 Axe 2 presets for archiving instead of using Axe Edit 1.273 backup/sync?

Q3. Using Axe-Edit 1.273 with the Axe's live presets loaded and editing/auditioning/saving/moving presets is not affected?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom