Should I update from FW 3.03 to 3.06 when using MFC-101 MkI and Axe-Fx II MkI

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I'm in a new band and planning on resetting my MFC-101 Mark I and Axe-Fx II Mark I and creating all new presets from scratch. Yes, I will backup everything first. My Axe-Fx II Mark I will have the newest FW 16.04.1 and I will be using the newest Axe-Edit and Fedit.

Should I update my MFC-101 Mark I from FW 3.03 to 3.06 even though I have an Axe-Fx II Mark I because it looks like all the MFC-101 FW updates since FW 3.03 are for the Axe-Fx II XL?

I have the same equipment as you and updated to MFC 3.05. I think there were a few bug fixes in 3.05 useful for us non XL people. 3.06 is only XL and/or MFC Mk III unless my memory plays some tricks on me

my MFC mk1 [driving an Axe-II mk1] is still on 3.02. Unless I've misread the release notes, I don't recall seeing anything in 3.03 or above that was of any use to me.
if I recall correctly, 3.03 and up contained features / fixes / enhancements all aimed at the Axe-II XL and / or MFC mk3
and it looks like there is nothing in 3.06 for an MFC mk1 or mk2

all that being the case, what were the bug fixes in 3.03 and up? cos I'm now wondering if I've missed / overlooked something.

Here are the Release Notes for older versions and Clarky I think you are correct that FW 3.02 was the last firmware that had anything for the MFC-101 Mark I & II. I think I installed FW 3.03 because it was the FW available when I updated from FW 3.00

RELEASE NOTES FOR OLDER VERSIONS
-------------------------------------------------
v3.05 Jun 19, 2014
WHAT’S NEW (Note: This covers fixes which were also released internally as 3.04)
1. Expanded Axe-Fx Transmit Program Change Map (“AxeFx Tx Map”) to support preset numbers
above 383 on the Axe-Fx II XL.
The TxMap allows you to map any MFC preset footswitch to any Axe-Fx II XL preset. (See the MFC-
101 manual, section 12.4.3 Axe-Fx Preset Transmit Map for more on this feature.)
a. If the model is not XL, any previous map entry greater than 383 will appear as 383 and
act as 383 (CC#0:2 and PC127).
b. When making changes to a pre-stored map entry greater than 383 while the model is not XL,
it only takes one button press to go from 383 to OFF.
Please remember that the MFC shows its own internal preset numbers and not those of the Axe-Fx
II. So mapping MFC preset 000 to Axe-Fx Preset 383 (“Bypass”) will show “X000 Bypass” in the MFC-
101 display.
IMPORTANT: When using TxMap for any Axe-Fx II, you must turn off “Total Sync” on the MFC-101.
Press EDIT, Press MIDI (#4), Page Right (#7) two times, and set TotalSync to “OFF”.
The MFC-101 will no longer automatically switch to presets selected from the Axe-Fx II Front
Panel, but TxMap will work as intended.
2. Fixed bug where the LED for the current SCENE wasn't turning on when exiting Looper
Control Mode.
3. Fixed a bug where “Revealed” IAs weren't being saved when using the Save Edits
footswitch.
4. Other minor changes and fixes.
v3.03 Apr 9, 2014
- Added Axe-Fx II XL support. Please be sure to select the correct model in the SETUP menu of the
MFC after updating.
- Added FASLINK support for the MFC-101 Mark III. Be sure to select the correct PORT in the MIDI
menu of the MFC after updating. Please also note that if you’re using an Axe-Fx II XL, you must
also select the desired MFC port (“EtherCON” or “FASLINK”) in the I/O:MIDI menu of the Axe-Fx II
XL.
v3.02
- Fixed bug in external switches where XS 3 and 4 weren't working correctly.
v3.01
- Solved an issue with Hold Tap for Tuner not working on switches except #1 and #17
- Solved an issue with BANK UP and BANK DOWN not repeating when the footswitch is held.
v3.00
First public release. The MFC-101 Mark III is not compatible with firmware releases prior to
version 3.00, (December 2014)
- 3.0 also adds the ability to assign SCENE 1/2 TOGGLE and VOL INCR, VOL DECR to Axe-Fx IA
switches.

Back
Top Bottom