Short Axe fx ii clip....

btw i just hit record on my zi8 didn't check levels or anything..... just excited so i wanted to post something lol.

It's mark day's hbe preset. I made some changes to the geq, gate, verb & delay settings. Still getting use to all the new terms ir,ia,blocks hehe. Was use to taking off standby and off we go. Again can't stress enough how great the ii sounds.

First of all, congratulations on your Axe II

I really envy you :)

But...im sorry to say this, but there is no way to know if the tone is good or not. Thanks for taking the time to make the video and share with us all.
I'm not having a go, really. Its just...most of the axe II "demos" that i've heard are really bad, taken with the camera's mic, or with a lot of effects. I know the Axe II is capable of a lot more...but i can't understand why we dont have high quality demos.

As i said before, this rant has nothing to do with your clip, again i appreciate that you took time to do that for us all. But since i can't have my axe II (and i won't have it for a few months because of the poor business plan from FA) i'd love to feed my ears with a lot of high quality sound clips showing different amps etc...

Again, thanks for your time...enjoy your Axe Fx, you will love it.

Cheers.

Thx and no worries i understand where your coming from. I figured with all the wait list, bot drama it would b cool to post something to let people see and hear that the ii is gradually making its way out into our hands. I had no intention to post this bc of the quality. Like I said I literally put my cam down and hit record. I could of gone into my Mac and stuff but it wasn't my intention to post. Once I heard it I figured why not.... In time I'm sure ull start to get those types of hq clips. Heck in time I hope to be one that posts em..... But never being an axe fx owner it's really a whole new realm of guitardom for me lol. Thx for the congrats :)

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations on your Axe II

I really envy you :)

But...im sorry to say this, but there is no way to know if the tone is good or not. Thanks for taking the time to make the video and share with us all.
I'm not having a go, really. Its just...most of the axe II "demos" that i've heard are really bad, taken with the camera's mic, or with a lot of effects. I know the Axe II is capable of a lot more...but i can't understand why we dont have high quality demos.

As i said before, this rant has nothing to do with your clip, again i appreciate that you took time to do that for us all. But since i can't have my axe II (and i won't have it for a few months because of the poor business plan from FA) i'd love to feed my ears with a lot of high quality sound clips showing different amps etc...

Again, thanks for your time...enjoy your Axe Fx, you will love it.

Cheers.

What is the purpose of having high quility clips? We have guys in this forum who are bedroom players, other who play in dive bars, other who play at churchsand of course we have pros like Larry. The reality IMO is the following. We will almost never be in the ideal situation for the axe to shine as bright as the sun. In a high quility clip it has been mixed masted ect and truth is if we get a good track down then have it mixed and mastered. I love hearing the raw recordings and videos because we are usually stuck with the less than perfect PA or the Sound guy who acts like he knows everything and knows nothing or the room we never played in before and don't have hours and hours to deal in the tones pefectly for the room. In a perfect scenrio the Axe will sound pretty perfect but I love hearing how it sounds killer when all the variables said it should have just sounded ok or down right bad.

Just my .01 cent

Congrats :)
I can tell it sounds tres cool in the room dude!

Mark

I appreciate you taking the time to past that. I think it sounds great for what it is. Really looking forward to getting one myself.

Back
Top Bottom