Shipping to Canada - Used vs New??

Skyze

Inspired
Hey, hope this is the right spot for this post. So, I have a guy who is going to buy my Ultra I think this weekend, which means I will probably upgrade to the II now. Still thinking about it but I probably will, why not. Heres my main concern though, and it comes with shipping..

Off the Fractal website, it says $2199 + $100 UPS shipping + $329 tax, giving a total of $2630.. now thats not even including brokerage fees/customs from UPS! Pushing the price into the $3000 range most likely. So I doubt I'll buy new, BUT does anyone know if its possible to get Fractal to use USPS Shipping instead?? I'd feel safer with USPS, and may consider it cause it would come to around $2500 total..

Even then, I normally buy all my gear used, and a big part of that is the seller can send it USPS. Has anyone here (Canadian) bought a II across the border recently, and able to PM me with regards to how much their shipping expenses costed once it crossed over?? Just so I can get an idea of what I am looking at and if its worth it selling my Ultra to get the II..

You might want to confirm with Fractal, but I think the price includes brokerage; I didn't have to pay any other fees when I received my II.

You might want to confirm with Fractal, but I think the price includes brokerage; I didn't have to pay any other fees when I received my II.

I didn't pay any additional fees either to bring into Ontario.

Regards,

Chizzy

...does anyone know if its possible to get Fractal to use USPS Shipping instead??
Only Fractal knows that. If you ask them, you'll know too. :)

Sorry, I can't help with your cost-to-cross-the-border question.

Hey, hope this is the right spot for this post. So, I have a guy who is going to buy my Ultra I think this weekend, which means I will probably upgrade to the II now. Still thinking about it but I probably will, why not. Heres my main concern though, and it comes with shipping..

Off the Fractal website, it says $2199 + $100 UPS shipping + $329 tax, giving a total of $2630.. now thats not even including brokerage fees/customs from UPS! Pushing the price into the $3000 range most likely. So I doubt I'll buy new, BUT does anyone know if its possible to get Fractal to use USPS Shipping instead?? I'd feel safer with USPS, and may consider it cause it would come to around $2500 total..

Even then, I normally buy all my gear used, and a big part of that is the seller can send it USPS. Has anyone here (Canadian) bought a II across the border recently, and able to PM me with regards to how much their shipping expenses costed once it crossed over?? Just so I can get an idea of what I am looking at and if its worth it selling my Ultra to get the II..

I bought one recently and the total on the site $2630 is the amount you pay. No extra fees or taxes. Mine was here 3 days after I ordered it too.

I purchased the Axe Fx II and the MFC from Fractal when the CDN$ was above par:) Had it shipped to Calgary by UPS with no issues and no extra fees.

Bought mine online and got it shipped to Toronto with no extra fees and no problem. Took 2 days. Only issue was UPS left it on my porch even though they were supposed to get a signature for delivery. But I probably got a brain damaged UPS driver on this occasion. Happy no pedestrian decided to grab the brand new FAS box on my porch :)

Cliff, I don't know how in the world you can claim USPS is inept, yet you actively use UPS?? Seriously.. This fact alone almost made me not even order,and now that I know the aftermath, I kinda wish I didnt.

I just had UPS leave my $2700 Axe-FX II on my front step - uncovered in an open street basically - without a signature and in cloudy skies that was clearly about to rain soon.. Thankfully my dad got home just in time before it rained or was stolen.. But fuck... If someone was walking by and knew what "Fractal Audio" on the box was, welp looks like I would of been out $2700. How can you be happy with that kind of service?? Its not the first time its happened with UPS; probably 3 out of the 6ish times I've used it, shit went wrong.. Yet over 500+ USPS/Canada Post shipments, and less than 3 issues. Im sure every single Canadian who orders stuff online will agree with me.

Unbelievable. I sure hope this is the last product I ever need to order from the states, because if companies all support UPS like Fractal does, I don't care what it is, just not worth getting.

Seriously. at least FedEx or DHL or something. UPS is any knowledgeable gearhead's nightmare. When 2 out of the 5 people replying in this thread mention them leaving a $2700 item on a porch in broad daylight... thats not good..

Cliff, I don't know how in the world you can claim USPS is inept, yet you actively use UPS?? Seriously.. This fact alone almost made me not even order,and now that I know the aftermath, I kinda wish I didnt.

I just had UPS leave my $2700 Axe-FX II on my front step - uncovered in an open street basically - without a signature and in cloudy skies that was clearly about to rain soon.. Thankfully my dad got home just in time before it rained or was stolen.. But fuck... If someone was walking by and knew what "Fractal Audio" on the box was, welp looks like I would of been out $2700. How can you be happy with that kind of service?? Its not the first time its happened with UPS; probably 3 out of the 6ish times I've used it, shit went wrong.. Yet over 500+ USPS/Canada Post shipments, and less than 3 issues. Im sure every single Canadian who orders stuff online will agree with me.

Unbelievable. I sure hope this is the last product I ever need to order from the states, because if companies all support UPS like Fractal does, I don't care what it is, just not worth getting.

Seriously. at least FedEx or DHL or something. UPS is any knowledgeable gearhead's nightmare. When 2 out of the 5 people replying in this thread mention them leaving a $2700 item on a porch in broad daylight... thats not good..

I'm in Canada and had to sign for mine on delivery.

I'm in Canada and had to sign for mine on delivery.
I'm in Calgary, Alberta, I waited all dam day for my delivery as the web tracking said it was enroute on the truck @ 7am....wasted my entire friday as the UPS truck pulls up at 7PM, the guy walks up and hands me the box and walks away..... I was appalled and shouted to him as he climbed in his truck "HEY! don't I need to sign for this????" and he smiled and said nope and then drove away.

I was not happy to say the least. The thought had crossed my mind to do something evil and underhanded for the next 10 minutes like saying I never recieved it and let insurance chalk up a freebee.... but I digress, my morals took over and life goes on.

Simple fact of the matter is, it states on checkout when you are buying that signature is required upon delivery, but I guess just like when you are dealing with any company, the person you deal with directly does what ever the hell they want.

In my experience, UPS is hit-or-miss when it comes to collecting the required signature. It really seems to depend on the driver's mood.

Got the Axe together with the MFC by UPS from G66 in germany.
They made me sign and the package arrived with no visible damages.

The only bad thing I can say about UPS so far is that they are incredibly slow, considering G66 is a german company and they sent it on the day the order was received. When ordering something from like Thomann (delivers with DHL), the package arrives within two days. UPS took more than a week for some unknown reason.

I'm in Calgary, Alberta, I waited all dam day for my delivery as the web tracking said it was enroute on the truck @ 7am....wasted my entire friday as the UPS truck pulls up at 7PM, the guy walks up and hands me the box and walks away..... I was appalled and shouted to him as he climbed in his truck "HEY! don't I need to sign for this????" and he smiled and said nope and then drove away.

I was not happy to say the least. The thought had crossed my mind to do something evil and underhanded for the next 10 minutes like saying I never recieved it and let insurance chalk up a freebee.... but I digress, my morals took over and life goes on.

Simple fact of the matter is, it states on checkout when you are buying that signature is required upon delivery, but I guess just like when you are dealing with any company, the person you deal with directly does what ever the hell they want.

Wow, good thing you were there when he was. Seems like for the Fractal UPS Canadian deliveries, some people have to sign and some don't...what really happens if they leave it outside and it gets damaged or stolen??

Back
Top Bottom