Implemented Shimmer Reverb

That's very nice. Not too intrusive. Some shimmer is too "abrupt" and in-your-face.
thank you sir...that's the way I like it. You can play with how much of the pitch you get with it's level, obviously. can also mimic the attack parameter on a pog with a volume block with the control set to envelope. lots of fun stuff...without it sounding fake.

Those "harmonic" tremolo Fenders sounded cool. Somewhere between a tremolo and a vibe. Alexander Pedals had a pedal called the Equilibrium DLX with a nice emulation as well.

saw that last night but didnt get to play with it as I was working on something else.

Added “Harmonic Trem” type to Tremolo block. This recreates the famous sound of the tremolo circuit in the old “Brownface” amplifiers. This effect splits the spectrum and applies modulation to the two frequency bands. The Crossover Slope parameter selects the filter order for the crossover. The original circuit used a 6 dB/octave crossover. Higher slopes can give a more intense effect. The crossover frequency can be changed with the Crossover Frequency parameter. Note: unlike most implementations the Axe-Fx III version is full stereo and can be used before or after the Amp block without losing stereo separation. Additionally the effect supports LFO phase for the left/right which can be used to achieve unique sounds. Furthermore the effect supports LFO types other than Sine for even more unique sounds.

I agree with the boss... its easy to get a killer shimmer sound suited to the part and tempo of the song with the axe with the blocks separateed... it was a pain in the butt when i had to do it with a boss gt-8 and digitech dhp-33 and external reverb unit to a separate amp.... and sounded nowhere as good

yeah, but most of the time that type of shimmer isn't want most guys want, it's more of a pad sound like I posted. terminology may be failing us in this instance. pretty much anyone I know that uses shimmer hates the Crystals sound

So after working on this a bit and comparing to an "authentic" shimmer the Plex Shift is simply the way to do it. It's smoother and more musical. I suppose I could make a new type in the Plex block but the default settings get you pretty close as-is.
Yeah I ended up using Matt's block and tweaking it a bit!

yeah, but most of the time that type of shimmer isn't want most guys want, it's more of a pad sound like I posted. terminology may be failing us in this instance. pretty much anyone I know that uses shimmer hates the Crystals sound

Exactly this!

So after working on this a bit and comparing to an "authentic" shimmer the Plex Shift is simply the way to do it. It's smoother and more musical. I suppose I could make a new type in the Plex block but the default settings get you pretty close as-is.

Types that get you "there" are always welcome even with other defaults.

Oh yeah the plex shift block alone even sounds great. Its awesome having this much horsepower.... you can add all kinds of blocks around it to come up with new sounds... just so lucky to have the axe fx

Back
Top Bottom