Set tempo via MIDI

Yes, each one is a self contained sysex message so it should be fine to just concatenate them.
I ask because Zionplayer had that /* . */ after the first line. Never saw that before, but I don't know much about this stuff. Obviously...
Took me a bit of experimentation, but yes I got it to work for 2 devices (FX3 and FM9) in the same string, different Midi ID's of course.
I used the comment markers to separate and get it to work for me. Prob not necessary, but once I started that way it just seemed better to continue

Example, Tempo 110, first is FX3, second is FM9. Works fine here

F0 00 01 74 10 14 6E 00 6F F7 /* . */
F0 00 01 74 12 14 6E 00 6D F7

You would need to use the AX8 ID instead of the FX3/FM9, and of course the checksum will be different. From the Wiki:
  • 0x00 Axe-Fx Standard
  • 0x01 Axe-Fx Ultra
  • 0x02 MFC-101
  • 0x03 Axe-Fx II
  • 0x04 MFC-101 mk3
  • 0x05 FX8
  • 0x06 Axe-Fx II XL
  • 0x07 Axe-Fx II XL+
  • 0x08 AX8
  • 0x0A FX8 mk2
  • 0x10 Axe-Fx III
  • 0x11 FM3
  • 0X12 FM9 (I added this one, of course)
Now to test this on the AX8.

I ask because Zionplayer had that /* . */ after the first line. Never saw that before, but I don't know much about this stuff. Obviously...
In the C programming language (and some others, I think), /* denotes the beginning of a comment and */ denotes the end.

Anything from /* to */ is ignored.

I'm not sure the intent, either, but my brain just ignored that part :)

In the C programming language (and some others, I think), /* denotes the beginning of a comment and */ denotes the end.

Anything from /* to */ is ignored.

I'm not sure the intent, either, but my brain just ignored that part 

/* . */

Robot face, peering out of teh codez at yew.

Line #5 is ALIVE!!!

Last edited:

Now to test this on the AX8.
Yep, just had that in my BandHelper field so I could visually see the two sections (for me, FX3 and FM9 instructions). Doesn't do anything, really.

Doesn't work on the AX8. Maybe the line is wrong or it just doesn't work that way on the AX8.

I guess this means I better get a move on filling all the presets in my FM3... It's a list...

Doesn't work on the AX8. Maybe the line is wrong or it just doesn't work that way on the AX8.

I guess this means I better get a move on filling all the presets in my FM3... It's a list...
What doesn't work? Are you trying to send the FM3 data to the AX8 or did you generate the proper AX8 sysex?

Two lines, one specific FM3 and one AX8. Works on the FM3, does not on the AX8. Tempo stays on the preset default.

Two lines, one specific FM3 and one AX8. Works on the FM3, does not on the AX8. Tempo stays on the preset default.
What if you send only the sysex for AX8?

How are you sending to both units?

Is the AX8 on the right midi channel?

Back
Top Bottom