Set effect to be on by default when controlled by midi pedal?

H13

Inspired
HEY ALL.

So I run my AFX through a bunch of pedals for reasons that most of you disagree with me for, but that's okay. I have fun this way.

I'm gonna run them through the FX Loop which I will turn on\off with my midi footswitch.

I want the FX Loop to be turned ON when I boot up the patch, and when I turn the midi footswitch "on", the FX loop turns OFF. 90% of the time, the FX Loop will be used, but it'd be awful convenient if I could switch things on\off.

What parameters do I use to do this?

HEY ALL.

So I run my AFX through a bunch of pedals for reasons that most of you disagree with me for, but that's okay. I have fun this way.

I'm gonna run them through the FX Loop which I will turn on\off with my midi footswitch.

I want the FX Loop to be turned ON when I boot up the patch, and when I turn the midi footswitch "on", the FX loop turns OFF. 90% of the time, the FX Loop will be used, but it'd be awful convenient if I could switch things on\off.

What parameters do I use to do this?
Can you post an example preset? I have had no problem saving the FX Loop block either in a default off or default on position within a preset and have it behave consistently upon recall and with scene switching.

That's what I'm trying to do. How do I make the FX Loop block be default on?

If the preset is stored with FX Loop engaged, it will be recalled that way unless your controller sends a CC to change that. It's like any other Axe-FX block.

What MIDI controller are you using? Have you configured a switch to control FXL bypass?

Just make sure on scene one of the preset the loop block is on. The make scene 2 identical to scene one and save it with the loop block off. Then you can switch between the two scenes loop on off. Im guessing you aren't using the MFC-101 foot controller? And if you aren't, are you asking what midi information you need to do this?

Easy fix.

I'm not using the MFC. I'm using a 10 button Yamaha thing. The way I have it set up is:
1-5 = Patch changes
6-0 = Effects
#6 is the switch that turns the FX Loop on\off.

The problem I was having is that #6 on the pedal is off by default, therefore the FX Loop was off by default. The status would remain throughout the patch changes, but I'm always always running a drive or compressor pedal of some description, hence I wanted the FX Loop to be on by default and give me the opportunity to turn it off when I wanted to.

So the way it had to work was:
Pedal #6 Off = FX Loop On
Pedal #6 On = FX Loop Off.

On the controller option, I set start to 100% and End to 0%. Works perfectly.

I have no idea if this explanation made sense at all.

@H13 yeah that makes sense. If there is no way to default the Yamaha pedal #6 to on, then you needed to invert the start and end.

I use this same technique to bypass and engage different blocks at the same time with the same controller.

A poor man's scenes if you will.

I use a TC VoiceLive2 as my foot controller.

what you need to do is go to I/O>midi and scroll down to where you see "ext ctrl n init val" and find the external you've assigned to pedal 6. change that to 100%. and also swap start and end values as has been said

Easy fix.

I'm not using the MFC. I'm using a 10 button Yamaha thing. The way I have it set up is:
1-5 = Patch changes
6-0 = Effects
#6 is the switch that turns the FX Loop on\off.

The problem I was having is that #6 on the pedal is off by default, therefore the FX Loop was off by default. The status would remain throughout the patch changes, but I'm always always running a drive or compressor pedal of some description, hence I wanted the FX Loop to be on by default and give me the opportunity to turn it off when I wanted to.

So the way it had to work was:
Pedal #6 Off = FX Loop On
Pedal #6 On = FX Loop Off.

On the controller option, I set start to 100% and End to 0%. Works perfectly.

I have no idea if this explanation made sense at all.

Yep makes perfect sense. Glad you got it worked out.

Back
Top Bottom