Selling Guitars Online - Best Place Nowdays?

It never occurred to me that I could plug mine into anything other than a guitar.

It works but I get problems with the dongle switch that seats against the jack. Cuts out sometimes. I use a couple of jack washers on the FM3 to mostly alleviate the problem. The plastic threads of the FM3 jack and it being radiused at the end and inside of the nut are the cause. I use a clean and ‘flat’ preset on the Waza. Sounds huge. I have a couple presets built just for that. Not for dialing in your actual presets just wireless practice. Use output 2.

I stopped using Ebay for anything, as people are basically crooks.
I've been selling a bunch of stuff lately too, and I had some good luck, but a few more recent deals has me about where you are too. I really really hate throwing things out, but it's just not worth the hassle of dealing with assholes. I've been donating stuff that seems useful, or just doing Craigslist deals. So annoying.

This all said, I've been shopping the local Craigslist for guitars, so far had pretty good luck both buying and selling. I do have some old Line6 gear on Reverb though, wasn't getting anywhere on Craigslist. We'll see how that goes.

In general, I don't have people over to my house

I've done a few deals in local parking lots, but most of what I've been selling has been extra furniture, so I've just been doing deals in my garage. Definitely masked up, I make this clear up front.

I did buy a guitar from a guy in a park, in this case I brought a pair of headphones and an old battery-powered mini Pod just so I could plug it in and make sure I knew the electronics worked.

Back
Top Bottom