Bug? Selecting user cab location >1 system restart!!! [solved]

GuttaLaser

Power User
:eek:

WOOOAAA!! (Fw 10.10 here) I was tweaking with IRs cabs... and dialing over n.1 user cab... the AfxII perform a system restart (Christmas tree leds run!). Stable issue...
Where are my other user cabs locations?????!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like the slot contains a corrupt cab. Try overwriting the cab in the slot and see if that fixes it.

nope... the first slot was overwrited many times with ownhammer files (axefxII sysex format)... and the prob is still there.
I was using the Axe-o-Matic DSP progz. (btw I can hear the sound of the uploaded cab).
also... the prob started when the slot 1 was totally empty!
and the prob remain also after disconnecting the USB and restarting the AXFXII.
Seems like there isn't a slot #2 and the software goes in error running a restart!

must I try a fw 10.10 refresh?
this is a really annoing issue... coz ... well ya know... my HDD now is full of sysex cab files I wanna try!!!

This sounds like a corrupt IR in the #2 slot. My suggestion is to load a new IR into that slot.

nope sir...
there isn't a #2 slot!!! with dial knob just ONE CLICK after the slot #1 ... and the system restart!
nothing was loaded in the slot #2 coz I never reached that slot!!!

In Axe-Edit 1.90, go to Axe-Manage > User Cabs. Clear the first cabs and then send them to the Axe-Fx.

nope sir...
there isn't a #2 slot!!! with dial knob just ONE CLICK after the slot #1 ... and the system restart!
nothing was loaded in the slot #2 coz I never reached that slot!!!

There IS a #2 slot. The problem is that it is corrupted so you can't get to it. Please load a clean IR into that slot.

ok... tnx YEK and Admin!
uploaded an empty sysex into the slot #1 ... and now I can see all the 100 cab slots!
But I can't figure out WHY this appened! ( ya ya... I know... "things appens"!)
I just uploaded an ownhammer good ($$$) file in the right axefxII format with axe-o-matic DPS ... what is wrong?

ok... tnx YEK and Admin!
uploaded an empty sysex into the slot #1 ... and now I can see all the 100 cab slots!
But I can't figure out WHY this appened! ( ya ya... I know... "things appens"!)
I just uploaded an ownhammer good ($$$) file in the right axefxII format with axe-o-matic DPS ... what is wrong?

Your file was corrupted; most likely using Axe-Edit than not. If it happens again, then just drop a backup of your cab files using Fractal Bot and you'll most likely be good to go.

Your file was corrupted; most likely using Axe-Edit than not. If it happens again, then just drop a backup of your cab files using Fractal Bot and you'll most likely be good to go.

@ Scott... the file supposed to be corrupted was a fresh&clean OH sysex file (axfxII format) and was uploaded into slot #1 using Axe-O-Matic DSP (from OwnHammer).
Overwriting the slot 1 now the prob is gone... but now I'm trying to understand what goes wrong!
The AxeFxII (with fw 10.10) was linked via USB to a Win7 32 Home Edition notebook using the latest driver.
I'm trying to find a "stable&sicure" way to auditioning a lot of sysex cab files (RW, OH, FAS Producer Packs) in combination with the amp models... so you can figure out i can't crash every time I try a file!

This is just a guess:
AOM DSP was developed before the user cabs were expanded from 50 to 100. It has not been updated (because the developer passed away, sadly). Maybe, just maybe, this causes an incompatibility with the Axe-Fx's firmware.
BTW, AOM DSP is incompatible in another way. It can't handle (mix) the IRs in the FAS Producer Packs.

This is just a guess:
AOM DSP was developed before the user cabs were expanded from 50 to 100. It has not been updated (because the developer passed away, sadly). Maybe, just maybe, this causes an incompatibility with the Axe-Fx's firmware.
BTW, AOM DSP is incompatible in another way. It can't handle (mix) the IRs in the FAS Producer Packs.

this make sense for me too YEK!
so... you say the best way to go for upload a cab file should be Axe Edit 1.9 (btw the disclaimer text say 2.0!) or Fractal-Bot?

Fractal-Bot, absolutely!

Using Axe-Edit here was useful to clear the cab slots, but it's better to not use AE at this point.

Fractal-Bot, absolutely!

Using Axe-Edit here was useful to clear the cab slots, but it's better to not use AE at this point.

be patient with me YEK... these are my frist steps... just another question... (the last of the day... :encouragement:)
The "SEND" tab of Fractal-Bot in the "BROWSE" section say "select firmware" (or something like that)...
may I use a cab file instead of a firmware file?
(and... btw... must i select first an user slot on the axfx?)
TNX again

Back
Top Bottom