Searching for a specific sound

Brownmatthall

Power User
I'm in the process of writing a bunch of songs and one of them calls for a very sludgy, droney tone ala doom and/or stoner metal because of the subject matter. Now I know enough about those genres to know that that's the tone I want for this song...and that's about it haha. I want this song to have a certain effect to it and nailing this tone is going to be a big part of it so any tips n tricks (amps, cabs, pedals, etc) would be very much appreciated!

Stylistically this is something I would never write...but the droney, speaker on the verge of literally tearing itself apart kind of tone would absolutely make the song I'm writing for me if you can believe it haha. I've been doing my homework and found out a lot of these bands use really loud sunn amps, ampeg v4, verellen, none of which are emulated :( I'm making headway though (never really used fuzz though so it's definitely a learning experience)

There's a preset called Bassman About 2 Explode. I'd start with that and try some different drive pedals in front of it. You can also tweak the Motor Drive in the cab block to make it sound more like it's about to catch fire.

There's a preset called Bassman About 2 Explode.
That would be a good one to start with. Try dialing in a little too much Crunch to get more of that "Hey hey, my my/I think my amp's about to die" sound.

Back
Top Bottom