SDE 3000 EVH; duplicating it in the FM3

Here's the first EVH preset in the box recreated as a block, along with the preset I used for that vid. They're all variations on this with X ms on one side and 2X on the other.

The "Vintage Digital" type pretty much nails the SDE thing straight out of the gate as well. A reminder my blocks library has a LOT of delay recreations.

Attachments

• EVH_20230518_160602.blk
    1.1 KB · Views: 148
  • F.A.R.K.fasBundle
    19 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi @2112 , all

I believe on the new BOSS EVH delay, the parameters are actually blacked out ... you can't see the secret sauce ...

Is this correct?

W/D/W was an attempt to do stereo without stereo amps so it took some cobbling together of who knows what craziness just to split the output to a slave and feed a stereo delay or stereo chorus, or a pair of mono delays and/or choruses.

I built a rig and it took one time using it to decide that carrying that gear and hooking it together wasn't worth the time. I settled on using a Korg digital on the slave output of my Mesa-Boogie, and connecting that to a Yamaha G50. I could get that Pat Methany stereo-mixing-in-people's-heads thing going, and that made me happy.
No, W/D/W was a relatively successful attempt at avoiding "tone suck", due to the analog and digital components of the day being run in series and parallel via lots of cabling through relatively cheap analog rack mixers.

Pre FX and the dry amp tone in the center cab, stereo post FX in the W cabs, with either two mono power amps or a stereo power amp.

Back in the day a single rack unit often only provided a single FX, hence refrigerator sized racks full of dedicated rack units along with rack mixers with lots of cabling.

Early analog and digital Multi-FX were notorious for "tone suck" as well LOL! It's nice that today the Axe FX can do it all in 12lbs and 3U, or on the floor!

Here's the first EVH preset in the box recreated as a block, along with the preset I used for that vid. They're all variations on this with X ms on one side and 2X on the other.

The "Vintage Digital" type pretty much nails the SDE thing straight out of the gate as well. A reminder my blocks library has a LOT of delay recreations.

Leon, this is excellent. Thanks very much for sharing!

Hi Leon posted a question on your youtube video about hooking this up

These files you shared are used with the unit ? or you trying to duplicate the pedal with these files

Also as stated on YT how would I connect this to AXE III just using high end IEM's right now - looking for a big sound and this might be the ticket not sure if 600$ is going to make a huge difference - thanks Pal

Hi Leon posted a question on your youtube video about hooking this up

These files you shared are used with the unit ? or you trying to duplicate the pedal with these files

Also as stated on YT how would I connect this to AXE III just using high end IEM's right now - looking for a big sound and this might be the ticket not sure if 600$ is going to make a huge difference - thanks Pal
The preset I posted recreates the BOSS. There's nothing the pedal does you can't recreate with the Axe.

The preset I posted recreates the BOSS. There's nothing the pedal does you can't recreate with the Axe.
Sorry Leon where does blk file go put in delay folder assuming thats what it is but not showing up in axe-edit - thanks much

Using scene 4 and use your USA JP IIC Yellow amp block - luv it - thanks so much for sharing Leon

Give me your paypal name send you some money for your great help - thank you

I measured all 4 EVH presets and have slapped them into a single block here for anyone who wants them.

@rsvette12 I appreciate that, I'm sure your local animal shelter could use it more than I could at the moment :)

Great idea Leon you have a huge heart - thanks for sharing this latest file my friend

I've been spending tons of money on treats for my day and night animal visitors in back yard for 25 years :)

take care Leon

I measured all 4 EVH presets and have slapped them into a single block here for anyone who wants them.

@rsvette12 I appreciate that, I'm sure your local animal shelter could use it more than I could at the moment :)
I m still trying after 2 years to solve this personal dilemma:)... I always used 2 delay in series a la satriani.. 1/8 into 1/4 or something between 400 and 620-650 in order to have their ratio at about 75%.. The stacked delay are also used now by lukather and before halo by Timmons.. My always concern is about cross feedback which if i m not wrong is how many signal goes from delay A to delay B or viceversa... Now to achieve 2 delays in series cross feedback in A has not to be 100% and 0% in delay number 2?thanks

Hey guys,

Just saw the debut/blitz of Boss SDE 3000 EVH videos, and I'm most interested in duplicating it in the FM3. What is the closest model, and has anybody already done the work on some SDE presets?
Anyone else find it hilarious when a company spends years developing a product, then someone clones it in the Fractal in less than a day, and you can’t tell the difference? LMAO

Back
Top Bottom