SDE 3000 EVH; duplicating it in the FM3

Anyone else find it hilarious when a company spends years developing a product, then someone clones it in the Fractal in less than a day, and you can’t tell the difference? LMAO
There's no magic in this case (in most cases really). Boss didn't spend years developing this. Lots of guitarists simply create aural fetishes about specific pieces of gear tethering them to an artist/song instead of looking at what's really going on.

There's no magic in this case (in most cases really). Boss didn't spend years developing this. Lots of guitarists simply create aural fetishes about specific pieces of gear tethering them to an artist/song instead of looking at what's really going on.
It took years because Eddie was involved in the very beginnings of the project.

I think they had to blank out the EVH settings, not because they are so secret, but because they are just so plainly simple, that people would be upset :D
His main delay setting was listed in Guitar World in 2015 during a rig rundown
Hey guys,

Just saw the debut/blitz of Boss SDE 3000 EVH videos, and I'm most interested in duplicating it in the FM3. What is the closest model, and has anybody already done the work on some SDE presets?

"Ed used the Roland SDE-3000 digital delays mainly to create reverb-like ambience in his wet/dry/wet rig setup. His PCM70 Cathedral setting was cut from Guitar World’s February 2016 article due to space constraints – it’s the “double delay” algorithm with both delays set to 424ms, feedback 12 percent (both), mix 100 percent and the remaining parameters at 0."

1685237587088.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe with the Boss you can do W/D/W without having to set your L&R to 100% wet. Eddie's wet cabs were a blend of ~50% Dry/Wet. AFAIK, you can't do that with the Fractal without a line mixer b/c the Fractal has no analog dry-thru.

I'm only talking about using tube amps & 3 guitar cabs here. I'm sure anything's possible with the Fractal when its used as intended.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe with the Boss you can do W/D/W without having to set your L&R to 100% wet. Eddie's wet cabs were a blend of ~50% Dry/Wet. AFAIK, you can't do that with the Fractal without a line mixer b/c the Fractal has no analog dry-thru.

I'm only talking about using tube amps & 3 guitar cabs here. I'm sure anything's possible with the Fractal when its used as intended.
You're incorrect. Now....you can't have an analog dry through but the FM3 has 4 outs, so one can absolutely create a parallel path inserting the delay mixed at 50% and route that to output 2 with a through to output 1. It's really only the "analog" that's a problem with the FM3. Outside that, it's way more versatile than old school rack setups.

Back
Top Bottom