Scumback m75?

That might explain why I like this cab so much. Most of other IR packs I have bought are 4x12, just couldn't 100% bond with any of them. Then again, maybe this Bogner pack just has that sound I was looking for. Either way, as Lloyd Christmas would say, "I like it a lot!!".

I recently performed an extensive "IR shootout" for my own purposes. Solely greenbacks and G12Hs, or speakers close to those such s the Lynch, from the top suppliers: FAS, ML, OH, Sigma.

In short: I found all current ones to be usable. Differences are a matter of taste, but not of quality.
They all have their own characteristics but the overall quality is great, none are substantially "better" or "worse" than others.

There was one exception: 3 Sigma Audio IRs. Didn't like those at all.

For those who stick to stock cabs: #175 (4x12 TV 160 B) is my favorite stock IR of a G12 speaker.

Recently I've been thinking that 2x12 cabs actually make better IRs than 4x12's. While 4x12's are great for playing live there's a lot of phase notches and peaks due to the contribution from the other speakers when mic'ing one up. I find myself gravitating to 2x12 IRs more often lately and I think that's why. They're less phasey. I'll have to give the OwnHammers a try.

Has anyone ever tried disconnecting 3 speakers in a 4x12" cabinet and micing the remaining one? I wonder if this could retain the resonance characteristics of the cabinet while removing the phasiness due to the other speakers.

I recently performed an extensive "IR shootout" for my own purposes. Solely greenbacks and G12Hs, or speakers close to those such s the Lynch, from the top suppliers: FAS, ML, OH, Sigma.

In short: I found all current ones to be usable. Differences are a matter of taste, but not of quality.
They all have their own characteristics but the overall quality is great, none are substantially "better" or "worse" than others.

There was one exception: 3 Sigma Audio IRs. Didn't like those at all.

For those who stick to stock cabs: #175 (4x12 TV 160 B) is my favorite stock IR of a G12 speaker.

I agree. No question about anyone's quality here, they've all been in business long enough to know what they're doing. Finding the exact one that does it for me is another story, and so far, the OH Bogner 2x12OS floats my boat!! :)

Recently I've been thinking that 2x12 cabs actually make better IRs than 4x12's. While 4x12's are great for playing live there's a lot of phase notches and peaks due to the contribution from the other speakers when mic'ing one up. I find myself gravitating to 2x12 IRs more often lately and I think that's why. They're less phasey. I'll have to give the OwnHammers a try.
The Ownhammer: "212-GTR MAR-66 Multi-Speaker Collection" pack is literally, the best cab pack, of the far-too-many, I have. I use others of course but that one is solid gold, IMHO. It is one of those old diagonal 2x12 Marshall cabs.

Scumback M75 in a Marshall Jubillee 2x12 using an SM57 combined with a Sennheiser e906.

marshall2x12.jpeg

Attachments

• 071-Marshall 2x12 Both 3.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 30
Any chance this will work in the Axe-Fx II XL ..., or is it specific to the AX8 >

THANKS !

I'm using this in my Axe Fx II Mk I and my AX8. I captured it with the Axe Fx II Mark I, and I don't recall if I had to do anything special when I moved it to the AX8, it's been a while. Someone else will have to chime in on use with the XL.

Back
Top Bottom