Scumback m75?

I can save you some time and money with these three words. Don't do it!!! That Bogner pack is the best I've tried so far for Greenbacks and V30's. I have hundreds of dollars in IR packs that are now useless. It's not a rabbit hole, it's a black hole and you'll get sucked in for days, maybe weeks, possibly never to be seen again!!:eek:

Man that's encouraging and discouraging at the same time. :-( I'm glad I've got the awesome Bogner OS 2x12 now but I really wanted to try their Marshall 4x12 as well. I may drop the $15 anyway, no big loss if it doesn't work out.

Man that's encouraging and discouraging at the same time. :-( I'm glad I've got the awesome Bogner OS 2x12 now but I really wanted to try their Marshall 4x12 as well. I may drop the $15 anyway, no big loss if it doesn't work out.

You've been warned!!!:D

Recently I've been thinking that 2x12 cabs actually make better IRs than 4x12's. While 4x12's are great for playing live there's a lot of phase notches and peaks due to the contribution from the other speakers when mic'ing one up. I find myself gravitating to 2x12 IRs more often lately and I think that's why. They're less phasey. I'll have to give the OwnHammers a try.

Recently I've been thinking that 2x12 cabs actually make better IRs than 4x12's. While 4x12's are great for playing live there's a lot of phase notches and peaks due to the contribution from the other speakers when mic'ing one up. I find myself gravitating to 2x12 IRs more often lately and I think that's why. They're less phasey. I'll have to give the OwnHammers a try.

That might explain why I like this cab so much. Most of other IR packs I have bought are 4x12, just couldn't 100% bond with any of them. Then again, maybe this Bogner pack just has that sound I was looking for. Either way, as Lloyd Christmas would say, "I like it a lot!!".

I broke down and bought 3 Ownhammer packs today. Marshall cabs with V30s, M75 and Lynchbacks. Will see how it goes.

I do have a question though...is there a way to load more than one at a time into the AX8? It seems like a long process unless I'm doing something wrong...

If you use AxeManage cabs in Ax8edit, you can audition the cabs without putting them on the unit, and you can move as many as you want in one go.

AxeFXtutorials has a video on AxeManageCabs

If you use AxeManage cabs in Ax8edit, you can audition the cabs without putting them on the unit, and you can move as many as you want in one go.

AxeFXtutorials has a video on AxeManageCabs

I thought you could but it always defaults to the wrong scene that I want to audition and I can't seem to change that.

agreed.
I broke down and bought 3 Ownhammer packs today. Marshall cabs with V30s, M75 and Lynchbacks. Will see how it goes.

I do have a question though...is there a way to load more than one at a time into the AX8? It seems like a long process unless I'm doing something wrong...
you can drag-drop multiple cabs from Axe-Manage Cabs in AX8edit, once you convert them via CabLab.(this is for dealing with Ownhammer and other non FAS cabpacks..)

If I start AxeManage Cabs, while I am in scene 3, I hear the sound from Scene 3 while AMC is open. When I close it, Ax8edit goes back to scene 1. The idea is to audition cabs, while AMC is open.

Haven't bought cablab - I have not needed it yet. If I want, I can do the blending in Reaper (and export cab files using reaVerb), but it is a cumbersome process compared to CabLab, so if I ever get to do it a lot, I might by CabLab. So far I have been perfectly happy just picking an IR from the pack.

If I start AxeManage Cabs, while I am in scene 3, I hear the sound from Scene 3 while AMC is open. When I close it, Ax8edit goes back to scene 1. The idea is to audition cabs, while AMC is open.

Haven't bought cablab - I have not needed it yet. If I want, I can do the blending in Reaper (and export cab files using reaVerb), but it is a cumbersome process compared to CabLab, so if I ever get to do it a lot, I might by CabLab. So far I have been perfectly happy just picking an IR from the pack.
Think I got it now...thanks for the help!

so then in theory; a 1x12 IR would be even better

agreed. i gravitate to 212's almost exclusively. for rock tones, the OH Bogner's and Orange are really, really good. For Voxy tones the VXT (Vox Extension) cab is my go to. I rarely use Fender tones so i can't comment a whole lot on those.

Please let us know how the Marshall cab with those speakers work out. It's on my radar.

hmm interesting, I always preferred my two marshall jubilee 2X12 over my 4X12's when using real cabs (with same speaker models). they seem to sound smoother to me. do you think that the phase notches and peaks of a 4x12 could make it sound less smooth than a 2X12 when not mic'd?

Please let us know how the Marshall cab with those speakers work out. It's on my radar.

I posted a Whitesnake clip in this forum if you want to take a listen. I like the packs but need to spend a lot more time with them. The clip was done really quickly without really dialing things in.

Back
Top Bottom