scratchy sounds in headphones

rabies

So I'm noticing practicing at home with headphones that the Out 1 Clip is lighting up consistently with preset 98 (Round Lead).

And I checked the I/O --> CTRL --> Out 1 volume = 11

Is this expected and how to fix?

seems to happen on multiple presets...

i'm using a Ibanez AS153 with S58 stock pups.

If the output is clipping, turn down Level in the Amp block.

ok so that's strange. i switched back to preset 98 (Round Lead) and the clipping in output 1 is gone. I can't reproduce it. AFAIK I didn't change any settings at all except for hooking up the Axe Edit program with the USB cable to AFX...

for cabinet block level set at 0.0 dB.

for amp block level set at 0.0 dB (lower it to 0)

use layout --> out --> main control as the last resort

for that guy in the video, most of his clean tones are b/n -5 and -10 dB. lead tones are -10 to -2X.

Last edited:
If this is true that sucks for how much money I paid for the high-end XL unit!

It has nothing to do with the money you paid. When the CPU gets really high, somethings got to give or it crashes. GUI gets sluggish first, Expression control slows down next, then audio glitching. Everything is done so Audio processing is the last thing to go.

They could have easily just labeled what is 90% (or something slightly higher) as 100%. It would not change what the processor is capable of. The Axe-fx tactfully gives you all it can for the money. Other processors set limitations so you don't even get the opportunity to tax it the max. The Axe-fx lets you squeeze out every bit of processing it can and more.

Back
Top Bottom