Scenes -issues

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
Ok here is is in a more simple scenario
Bank 1 scene one amp should be set to rhythm volume say 14.6 saved
Bank 1 scene 2 amp set to Solo volume --- set higher saved

I go back to scene 1 and the volume is set to the Solo volume -what am I missing?

I have tried it with F-2 on and blinking
F-2 and F-1 off -not blinking same thing
In Edit and on Front on unit -same thing

It will save Phaser on Flanger off scene and Flanger on Phaser off scene 4

What the flip and I missing?

You will have to utilize a volume block, output block main slider settings, or scene controllers to save different volumes on a scene basis. Pretend that scenes are just like a pedal switcher. they do not save different settings of your pedals with out additional help.

Ok here is is in a more simple scenario
Bank 1 scene one amp should be set to rhythm volume say 14.6 saved
Bank 1 scene 2 amp set to Solo volume --- set higher saved

I go back to scene 1 and the volume is set to the Solo volume -what am I missing?

I have tried it with F-2 on and blinking
F-2 and F-1 off -not blinking same thing
In Edit and on Front on unit -same thing

It will save Phaser on Flanger off scene and Flanger on Phaser off scene 4

What the flip and I missing?
you are missing that Scenes do not save different values in blocks.

also what you are calling a Bank, is the Preset.

a Bank contains 8 Presets. a Preset contains 8 Scenes.

SCENES ONLY* SAVE THE ON/OFF AND XY STATE OF BLOCKS.

please watch this video: http://axefxtutorials.com/2014/10/p...e-axe-fx-ii-in-depth-1-hour-premium-tutorial/

As was stated in your other thread, you CAN'T DO THAT!

Scenes allow you to select which blocks are ON and which are OFF and whether they are X or Y state. Period, end of story.

Outside of the use of scene controllers, that is ALL.

You change input drive on amp 1 X in ANY scene and it will have the same value for ALL SCENES using amp 1 X.

Yes I just figured that out (without buying the video)!! Sorry Chris I have A D D
to sit through an hour long video!

X/Y for clean/dirty amps and effects etc

The solo thing has me though,.....I guys what I need to do is for the solo is;
Make a 2nd amp block at higher volume and then bypass the 1st amp block............Right?

I'm getting it!!! I think I can live in pre set 1 with 8 scenes!

Make a 2nd amp block at higher volume and then bypass the 1st amp block............Right?
Or put a filter block after the amp with Level set to a few dB above zero. Then bypass the block for rhythm.

Or use the Main slider in the Output block. It remembers its settings for every scene.

Yes I just figured that out (without buying the video)!! Sorry Chris I have A D D
to sit through an hour long video!

X/Y for clean/dirty amps and effects etc

I'm getting it!!! I think I can live in pre set 1 with 8 scenes!
Just be aware that X/Y amp changes will occur a small audio dropout... May our may not work for you.

I can use a single preset to play a full set with no problem (Axe Fx, not AX-8)... I used to use different amps for clean and lead, plus some x/y changes. Now all my presets use a single "clean" amp and various combinations of drive pedals... 2 drive blocks + x/y gives 4 variations in addition to my base sound.

I use a combination of advice given in these replies. I have scene controllers attached to my amp gain and master volume. I can clean up the amp gain and raise the master volume to keep the output level the same as my high gain setting for the same amp. Zero lag...no audio drop. For solos I use a Filter block set to Null with the level about +3 db. Depending on how you set your amp you can exclusively use a scene controller for this. I hate to tie up an entire scene controller for something like a volume boot for a solo though.

I use a combination of advice given in these replies. I have scene controllers attached to my amp gain and master volume. I can clean up the amp gain and raise the master volume to keep the output level the same as my high gain setting for the same amp. Zero lag...no audio drop. For solos I use a Filter block set to Null with the level about +3 db. Depending on how you set your amp you can exclusively use a scene controller for this. I hate to tie up an entire scene controller for something like a volume boot for a solo though.
Having never owned any other Fractal product, I do get the general idea of Scene controllers and their usefulness!
However, it would be immensely helpful to have a preset as a "blue-print" for tweaking these things.
J-Beard, Do you perhaps have a preset you could share which you use per above?
Would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know if I missing something but I set the volume of each of the scenes with the output setting at the far right end of the matrix screen. You can set the volume of each scene there.

Back
Top Bottom