Scene Switching Lag

treewiz

Inspired
Is it a common trait of the Axe-8 to have this hic-up latency when switching scenes, especially with a filter used in the null mode for a boost?

I have not noticed it within Scene switching. Within presets a little. Turn off the filter and see if you get the same gap.

Also note that the footswitches are activated on the upstroke, not the downstroke, by default. If you hold your foot in place for too long, it can feel like lag. There are several ways to disable "press and hold for XY" detailed in the manual, where the footswitches will then respond to the downstroke.

I don't get the comment about the filter block. The filter block is very light weight and will cause absolutely no switching latency, no matter how you use it.

I've noticed a bit of 'lag' on occasion, if I'm changing more than 2 or 3 effects on/off or x/y states, but it's considerably less than if I had to perform a tap-dance to make the changes. It can also depend upon the type of effects involved .
I've caught myself getting a bit frustrated with things like this but then I remember how much quicker and easier this little unit has made things for me and all is well again.

I am not using the X/Y hold switching (amber lite).I use the X/Y amp effect switching feature in the amp block which doesn't require the X/Y hold switch. I tried the disable X/Y hold switch feature to no avail. As I switch between scenes there is a very noticeable lag between scene switching. When I use the filter block as my clean boost and switch to that scene, that switching sticks out more so when I am playing and go to a lead part, but I can live with this being this unit is just fantastic! I was just wondering if anyone else gets this action.

God bless ya, Phillip!!!! I recently started using my boy's AX8 for smaller gigs and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to eliminate the Scene lag (god forbid I read a manual, but after almost 8 years with the Axe FX I thought it'd be similar enough- wrong was I). That X/Y upstroke/downstroke fix was just what I needed, instant no gap changes just like my XLs. :)

I wish setting the X/Y hold function would effect the lag of my scenes I use just for switching on my effects which is what I am using the scenes for. Disengaging it doesn't solve it. When I am switching scenes I am only switching one effect at a time not a chain of them.

Latency is really not the right word here. Latency is the delay between what you play and what comes out of your AX8, and not an issue with Fractal gear IMHO.

But audio drop out when switching scenes could be caused if you're changing amps (and maybe other effects) as well as the filter block.

Latency is really not the right word here. Latency is the delay between what you play and what comes out of your AX8, and not an issue with Fractal gear IMHO.

But audio drop out when switching scenes could be caused if you're changing amps (and maybe other effects) as well as the filter block.
Is there anyway to stop drop?

Back
Top Bottom