Scene/clicking issue

msmith886

Inspired
Anyone ever had any issues when switching scenes or presets a clicking noise almost like a click track possibly ?

What are the situations when this occurs, is it all the time? Are you connected to AX8-Edit when this happens?

The only time I noticed 'hiccups' was when I was running AX8-Edit and have Preferences -> Options -> "Automatically pause the communications when an AX8 front-panel change is detected" unchecked.

Sometimes. If anyone wants to look at the patch I posted it above. It's my go to patch and could use some help

Sometimes.
Sounds like you've got a MIDI cable running too close to an audio cable. Either separate those bad boys, or set SEND REALTIME SYSEX to Tuner or None.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am confused. The click happens then I click off and it goes away. I just am trying to find quick way to fix it all.

I am confused. The click happens then I click off and it goes away. I just am trying to find quick way to fix it all.
Now I'm confused. Is it a single click or a repeating string of them? And what does "click off" mean?

Check your switches with volume down. About 4 of mine on my Ax8 started glitching -sort of acting like they needed WD40.
Called FAS support and they sent me new switches and instructions to replace them.

this is happening to me too, its a repetitive click that does not match the BPM setting, anyone have a fix for this?!

Here is the patch and scene below. It happens almost at every show and very randomly. I am on a scene and then when I tap on another it sometimes randomly has a clicking noise going on almost a click track sound that doesn't match up w tempo or anything. I then have to press the bank button and reselect it in order to make it go away.

It's my main patch or scene could really use some help if anyone knows.

Attachments

• Keith Urban Tweed 4sc.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
I am on a scene and then when I tap on another it sometimes randomly has a clicking noise going on almost a click track sound that doesn't match up w tempo or anything. I then have to press the bank button and reselect it in order to make it go away.
Going into and out of Scene 3, you're switching X/Y on the Delay block. There's an abrupt change of delay type, which can cause a brief click. Normally, this would be a one-time thing, except for the fact that...

...you've got Repeat Hold turned on in the Y side. If the Hold function catches that brief click, it'll go on and on and on and on...

For me the issue doesn't occur preset or scene specifically, it occurs across ALL scenes and presets regardless of what is selected. I'd hate to have to send back my AX8 under warranty but it's pretty much unusable as is with the clicking.

For me the issue doesn't occur preset or scene specifically, it occurs across ALL scenes and presets regardless of what is selected. I'd hate to have to send back my AX8 under warranty but it's pretty much unusable as is with the clicking.
Is the clicking in time with the tempo light?

Sounds like your issue warrants a new thread, as the OP's was preset related and has been resolved. You should contact support though either way.

Are you using your AX8 in 4CM? Does the noise occur when connected to USB? There are grounding and cable issues that can lead to RFI/EMI, and you might be hearing the AX8's CPU. There was a similar thread where a user could hear noise when adjusting the LED knobs.

Back
Top Bottom