Sad But True 7 String (aka Hetfield after his puberty vocal change)

Frozen

Inspired
A friend of mine recently sent me the multitracks to Metallica's Sad But True. As this was one of the first songs i learned to play on guitar, i thought i could give it a try after about 10 years. I havent played that song for years and most of the tracks are first takes, so dont judge too hard on the playing, but recording it with a 7-String was a bunch of fun. As a consequence of the lower tuning, i had to pitch James voice down 3 halfsteps...sounds kinda interesting imho :).

[Soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/stockman/sad-but-true-7string[/soundcloud]
Cheers,
Frozen

Holy crap. The guitars made me make that "what's the smell? I like it" metal face when the main riff kicked in. So much beefy goodness.

I gave it a full listen and if I may be so bold here I think that it's missing something. So I did some searching on the internet and came up empty. I asked my wife and son and they had nothing to contribute. Then I went into my refrigerator and found it.....A1 Steak Sauce.

I mean how can anyone be expected to deal with that much beefy goodness without some A1?

:)

I gave it a full listen and if I may be so bold here I think that it's missing something. So I did some searching on the internet and came up empty. I asked my wife and son and they had nothing to contribute. Then I went into my refrigerator and found it.....A1 Steak Sauce.

I mean how can anyone be expected to deal with that much beefy goodness without some A1?

G-R-E-A-T Comment! :lol:lol
It's in standard B tuning btw. Thanks for all the replies.

shasha. Dude. Any worthy beef connoisseur knows that you should never ruin beef THAT good with any sauce. Great beef like that should stand on its own. ;)

hahahah this is so cool

EDIT: Favorite part by far are the vocals. Your vocals sound like you're a man... a man who discovered the wheel, and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man you are.

Last edited:
really cool. Love that song and the main riff. Sounds way cool on a 7.
Where do you get backing tracks without the guitar parts?

Where do you get backing tracks without the guitar parts?

I got them via email by a friend of mine. I think these are files of a video game called guitar hero, but i don't know where to get them. Probably they float around the net, perhaps someone else could chime in here.

Back
Top Bottom