Rumblin' Teles. Free ODS-based preset and video demo for Tele and similar twangmeisters.

Thanks much for this. I always learn something watching how other people set things up. It's also nice to get some validation once in awhile: that low cut/mid bump trick is something I use quite a bit, too. It is one of the best tone shaping options we have in this magic box!

burgs as always you are such an awesome member of this community. thanks so much for all the time, tools, and music you share with us 💙✨

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words. I feel very welcome and at home here!

Bonus of sorts:

Fender have shipped me a few of their new American Vintage II guitars to demo. Today I attacked the '61 Olympic White Strat. I don't think I'll be sending that one back...😬 Anyway, I wrote myself a period-relevant preset for it. Here it is. Some of you might enjoy it. I'll make a dedicated thread once the video is up and I can exhibit the full package. But in the meantime...

Attachments

• Fender '61 AVII OW Strat Demo.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 45
wow, love the sounds. If you were going to adapt for a Les Paul, what is the simplest way to adapt these tones. Input trim maybe, or would you start with amp gain and then tweak to taste?

wow, love the sounds. If you were going to adapt for a Les Paul, what is the simplest way to adapt these tones. Input trim maybe, or would you start with amp gain and then tweak to taste?
I guess it depends on the objective: If I was going to use a Les Paul with this suite, I'd expect it all to react differently - fuller, more aggressive, smoother treble - things you'd expect from a Les Paul in comparison to a vintage Strat. They're chalk and cheese, tonally speaking. If I was trying to approximate the gain and tone that I enjoy with the Strat, but with a Les Paul, yes, I'd look at the amp gains, bass and trebles first and foremost. The Les Paul will hit the amp and overdrives harder causing more saturation and slightly less dynamic/headroom. But then, that's what I would expect from a Les Paul.

The crazy thing is, I have around 60 guitars here and not one Les Paul Std. There are a few Jrs, etc., but no Standard or Custom. I'll have to get one, one day.

I guess it depends on the objective: If I was going to use a Les Paul with this suite, I'd expect it all to react differently - fuller, more aggressive, smoother treble - things you'd expect from a Les Paul in comparison to a vintage Strat. They're chalk and cheese, tonally speaking. If I was trying to approximate the gain and tone that I enjoy with the Strat, but with a Les Paul, yes, I'd look at the amp gains, bass and trebles first and foremost. The Les Paul will hit the amp and overdrives harder causing more saturation and slightly less dynamic/headroom. But then, that's what I would expect from a Les Paul.

The crazy thing is, I have around 60 guitars here and not one Les Paul Std. There are a few Jrs, etc., but no Standard or Custom. I'll have to get one, one day.
I'm going to crank up this preset asap with my LP and I'll report back. I'm in the opposite situation, having weeded out both Tele's from my collection!

Thank you @Burgs. I recently moved over from the Boss GT-1000 to a FM9, which does load your preset at FW3.00 pretty well. Together with your video your preset gives me some kind of baseline or starting point to go from for my Tele :)

Back
Top Bottom