Routing: external fx and two outputs

NickSwampMKE

Inspired
Hey guys, here's a silly thing I want to do.

To save CPU I'm going to try an external reverb pedal in my fx loop.

The issue would be that I'd like to be able to run stereo to FOH when possible and send signal to my ASM-12 on stage and be able to control the asm volume independently.

So far the best I can come up with is sacrificing stereo and get a big knob style volume pedal for one side of output one or run a stereo di box to split the signal.

Any advice or input at all would be helpful and appreciated!

Thanks!

A Radial Pro D2 stereo direct box has L/R input and thru. You can send XLR outs to FOH stereo, run onstage amp/monitor and still have FX send and return available for loop.

Or the Radial Trim Two, which has a trim control. Route like this: Output 1 XLR L/R > FOH. Output 1 1/4" L/R > Radial Trim Two > ASM (stereo, if you had two). First set the Output 1 knob to wherever it's needed for FOH levels, crank the ASM, and then use the trim control on the DI for setting your monitor.

Or just reach around and use the ASM level control as intended. =)

This is what I was basically thinking. Just wondering if there was a better way. I'd rather not have to reach behind the asm, as my adjustments on the fly would need to be quick and hopefully go unnoticed by the audience. That's why I was considering a big knob style volume pedal that I could turn with my foot.

Thanks guys!

More ideas are quite welcome!

Back
Top Bottom