Rogue one

Based on your comments I just booked my ticket to see this movie on this Friday in Real 3-d because Imax 3d is just too stupidly priced in my area for this movie. I can't count the days fast enough now. Thanks!

I saw it in IMAX 3D and I loved it! I've seen every Star Wars movie in the theater since 1977 (when I was 4) and I have to say Rouge One was really nostalgic for me. Reminded me of ROTJ in a very good way.

That was exactly my impression of the final space battle, it had so many (I'm sure intentional) similarities. It was essentially a better version (benefits of modern effects and filmmaking craft).

Just got back from the theater. To be honest, I'm not convinced.
That you got back from the theater or were ever there at all?

Took the kids this afternoon. Stellar. Styling was great. They did a nice job keeping it in line with A New Hope; the continuity, especially at the end, was well done. I dug it. Can't wait to watch it again and again and again once it's out on iTunes. Didn't bother with IMAX or 3D, film didn't need to be fluffed.

Only thing that didn't convince me was the handful of CGI characters (Leia and General Tarkin). Against real people, they standout big time.

Yo gang! Use the spoiler tag if you're gonna talk plot, etc. Some people don't want to know anything before they see it.

Example:
Code:
[SPOILER]Simple spoiler[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=Spoiler Title]Spoiler with a title[/SPOILER]

Just saw it, gotta say I loved it. They treaded the line of pushing forward and telling new story but harking back to the established movies. Gonna second the sentiment that that last act was my favorite part of the movie

Just got back from the theater. To be honest, I'm not convinced.
It's not about convincing anyone of anything. No one here is trying to talk you into liking the flick. What does that even mean "I'm not convinced"? It's a movie. It's for entertainment purposes. Did you like the movie or didn't you? Saying "I'm not convinced" sounds like you wanna start some sort of debate about it, but also want to be internet forum passive aggressive.

It's not about convincing anyone of anything. No one here is trying to talk you into liking the flick. What does that even mean "I'm not convinced"? It's a movie. It's for entertainment purposes. Did you like the movie or didn't you? Saying "I'm not convinced" sounds like you wanna start some sort of debate about it, but also want to be internet forum passive aggressive.

Stating a different opinion is passive aggressive? Wow. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but the simple truth is that I didn't like the movie too much. It is well made, no doubt about that. To each his own.

Ok, I have to say this movie is how I thought all the prequels should have been as far as tone and connective tissue. Some of the scenes were pretty much like the director was in my head as a child imagining adventures with my Star Wars toys. I have to rate it #2 behind Empire Strikes Back as my favorite SW movie.

Seen it on opening weekend, was really well done, the 3D was way better than force awakens, as in it didn't look fake. the CGI on Grand Moff Tarkin however, looked a lot like the Golem in "Lord of the Rings" in the last few scenes and killed it for me. They did a pretty good job on Leia though IMO.

Was a little confused at some of the tie in's as I've read many many books over the years, and they changed a few things. However was nice that they kept true to the fact that all the hero's die in this one.

Back
Top Bottom