AFIII Rockman X100 tonematch test

Thanks guys !
Reproducing that sound has a special signification for me. The very first demo of my main band back in 1989 was recorded with a Rockman. That was on a Fostex X15, a 4 tracks cassette recorder

If you didn’t live thru it, easy to forget just how influential and Huge the initial Walkman -style Rockman was ...Mr. Scholz may have made as much money from his FX business than he did fronting what was for a few minutes the biggest band in the world......

Absolutely!
I see that there are "Ace" versions of the Rockman, are those evolutions of the X100?

Thanks Leon ! I noticed after working on my preset that you got one and posted some tonematches too, good job too !

Thanks guys !
Reproducing that sound has a special signification for me. The very first demo of my main band back in 1989 was recorded with a Rockman. That was on a Fostex X15, a 4 tracks cassette recorder

Yes sir, I also had a Rockman (in a “Rockmount” rack adaptor) and a X15... great pair for recording back in the early days of budget multitrack. Believe it or not, I still have the Fostex unit in the box. I haven’t had it out in decades! Kind of forget it prior to your post. :)

That was awesome, your performance as well as your preset. That is also one of my favorite Boston songs. I was fortunate enough to own one of the original Rockmans and it was love at first listen. The Rockman showed what a genius Tom Scholz is. I still have it but the sliders and input jack are worn. I can't begin to express how much I miss it. I wish I could get it fixed. I still have the headphones that came with it and sounded surprisingly good. Any chance of sharing or selling the preset? It would be so amazing to be able to have that tone again. It was always so inspiring.
Great job as always!

AX8 users can already enjoy this preset, and the Tool one, in the "Metal & Brit" pack, to which it has been added, as a bonus. Not an exact copy of the Axe-Fx III version, but very close

I see that there are "Ace" versions of the Rockman, are those evolutions of the X100?

Yeah, exactly what was the product family and its evolution? What changes were made? If I remember correctly, the "Ace" products were less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom