Rock You Like A Hurricane Solo LESSON VIDEO

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
I thought I'd do a lesson for the Rock You Like A Hurricane solo. I fixed some parts from the original video that I played wrong. I sure there are more mistakes but this will put you in the ball park and there won't be a chick in the bar that would notice the wrong notes :)

Mark

That's a challenging one to get right. He's an amazing player with killer phrasing and great technique. It never seemed to me like Mathias got much recognition from the guitar community. He would tear up the guitar, but it all worked within the scope of the song...kinda like Eddie. Anyhoo, thanks for flipping me off while I enjoyed my cereal!! :)

I heard this song on the radio last week and it reminded me yet again that I have to get around to learning it one of these days. Now you've posted a video showing how, so I really have no excuse at this point...

Thanks Mark!
D

Hail to the 80s Mark! Saw the Scorpions several times back then. Enjoyed them at Monsters of rock in '89 when Van Halen Headlined. They were great live. This solo just works great in the context of the song. I am glad i am not the only one stuck in the time warp! LOL Great Job!

This is one of those solos that I never thought that I'd attempt, but man the way that you broke it down I'm actually feeling pretty confident that I can at least hack my way through it. It's also one of those holy grail solos for me.

The pace of the lesson is absolutely perfect which is probably the biggest thing that kills most youtube lessons for me. You get right into it and get to the point without being rushed.

We all know that you don't have to do this and there are many of us that greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge with us. Plus we get to look at that sweet Suhr. :)

Thanks!

I realize the solo is not one of the most complicated out there, but this to me has always been one of the baddest ass solo's I had ever heard in my opinion.

Again, not for the the guitar acrobatics, just because it sounds so freaking screaming!

Thanks for the lesson. I know what I will be doing tonight.

What preset are you using (if you say it in the video I had not gone through the entire thing yet)

Back
Top Bottom