Rippin' new Dumble patch track. (new) Patch settings posted!

Re: Rippin' new Dumble patch track. Best one yet?

Hey Scott, good to see you digging into an AXE now to see what we can get in this infamous area. I have been continuously surprised by how much this tool continues to evolve. I am confident that you've got the ears to really find the secret sauce here and there. If you haven't already, please let Cliff know your ideas as he takes it all in that big coconut of his. I'm sure you are already a step ahead on that one.

As far as this clip goes, I haven't heard your others, but in the context of this mix, I can totally hear your voice and vibe coming through here in a very natural way. So, as someone who is familiar with your voice both in a mix and solo'ed, I'm not distracted by anything synthetic sounding. I'm hearing the playing first. I like how you have gotten it to sustain in the lower mids that keep that molten character happening. I also like how you are getting the pick to bark and enunciate in a very real way.

Re: Rippin' new Dumble patch track. Remixed!

I totally dig it Scott. It's a blast seeing you dig into this box. Tear it up man!!

Thanks Scott..... I can't say that I prefer it to my amp rigs, but I am having a lot of fun and I suspect that with some IR work and possible Cliff tweaks to the patch, I'll get it pretty close.

Scott Peterson said:
I totally dig it Scott. It's a blast seeing you dig into this box. Tear it up man!!

Hey...
That is really, really good. The whole Dumble thing is captured in a huge way. Sounds like that patch would be a riot to play too.
It's difficult for me to be critical here, but if forced to, I would say if you backed off the gain just a touch to clean up the front end of the double-stops it would be perfect in my book. Your easily a good enough player to pull that off. Superb job on all of it. Tag beware.

Please post that patch! I would love to jam on that one with a brutally articulate Tele that's here right now.

Even as flexible as the Axe is, I gotta say that I didn't think it could cop the lead tone of RF's cover of Help the Poor. That will do nicely, thank you.

Umm... PLEASE POST THAT PATCH!!!!

scottl said:
Thanks Scott..... I can't say that I prefer it to my amp rigs, but I am having a lot of fun and I suspect that with some IR work and possible Cliff tweaks to the patch, I'll get it pretty close.
Try to convince Tag. :p

Scott, what are you playing the AxeFX through, studio monitors I assume?

Terry.

Lemme figure out how to save it!!! Thanks for the nice words....

widrace said:
Hey...
That is really, really good. The whole Dumble thing is captured in a huge way. Sounds like that patch would be a riot to play too.
It's difficult for me to be critical here, but if forced to, I would say if you backed off the gain just a touch to clean up the front end of the double-stops it would be perfect in my book. Your easily a good enough player to pull that off. Superb job on all of it. Tag beware.

Please post that patch! I would love to jam on that one with a brutally articulate Tele that's here right now.

Even as flexible as the Axe is, I gotta say that I didn't think it could cop the lead tone of RF's cover of Help the Poor. That will do nicely, thank you.

Umm... PLEASE POST THAT PATCH!!!!

Adam P11A yep..... SPDIF direct into EMU PCI breakout box.

Tone Seeker said:
Scott, what are you playing the AxeFX through, studio monitors I assume?

Terry.

Thanks Sean!

Lemme do some IR work and I think I can get it much better.....

javajunkie said:
javajunkie said:
scottl said:
Thanks again guys!!!

I remixed the track to add depth and soften the zing..... How is this?

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/axe/BadMarinMilk.mp3

Better. Bass is a bit excessive w/ my subs. The edge off the guitars is really good.

Just listened at home (speakers handles the bass much better). The guitar tone just sounds sweet.

That sounds great! I get the feeling though much of that comes from your fingers. Nice playing.

Thanks Rogue, Steve, and Douche!!!

I'll jot down the patch settings and post them later, maybe this evening.....

Appreciate all the kind comments about the playing!!

Hey Scott, just awesome! Now you go for that benchmark-tone....hehe :ugeek:

Congratulation!

best wishes & greetings
Paco

Thanks Paco!

I'll get the patch settings posted in the morning tomorrow......

Mr.PC said:

Congratulation!

best wishes & greetings
Paco

looking forward to the patch this morning!!

Thanks a ton

scottl said:
Thanks Paco!

I'll get the patch settings posted in the morning tomorrow......

Mr.PC said:

Congratulation!

best wishes & greetings
Paco

Hey Scott.... are you on version 9.0 ?
If not let us know because patches will not work the same way in the new version.

:p

Back
Top Bottom