RIP Alex Trebek

I knew it was coming but it didn’t make it any easier. I’ve watched Jeopardy over dinner for years and really grew to like the guy.

What is a sad day.

If you watched Saturday Night Live, having both Alex Trebek and Sean Connery passing away just a couple days from each other is just sad and beyond surprising at the same time.

I grew up watching Jeopardy as a young immigrant to Canada, definitely learned a lot from that show. Alex is a legend and will be missed

When I still lived at home with my parents (a long time ago - it was a regular thing to watch Wheel and Jeopardy. Then when my dad went into a nursing home, I'd go out around that time and we'd watch them together still. It's a nice memory that Alex is a part of. RIP sir.

RIP Alex and Sean.

What a year 2020 has been. Perhaps it’s about hindsight being 20/20. There were a lot of things we had January 1st that I didn’t appreciate nearly as much as I find myself missing them now.

My Dad never paid a lot of attention to TV but I’ll never forget what he told me in the mid 80’s.

He said that Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy would never go off the air because they both serve necessary functions.

Wheel of Fortune makes stupid people feel smart and Jeopardy makes smart people feel stupid.

Together again...
ydtz76pb33y51.jpg

When I was growing up my mom loved Jeopardy and even kept her own score every day. This was in the Art Fleming days...

Lotsa fond memories of watching jeopardy with my grandmother after dinner on weeknights. Huge part of my fondest memories. I know his passing has been expected for a while but, still a very sad day in a very sad year.

My mom watched Wheel and Jeopardy, and when I moved back up to Oregon to look after her later in life I watched it with her when I could. I'll never forget the day I actually got an answer right, even though I have long since forgotten what the question was.

Back
Top Bottom