Rik Emmett Live

I always wondered how a stadium level band that was so big at one time could not figure out how to solve the issues that broke them apart in order to reconvene years later.

Rik still has years of tread left on his tires.

I always wondered how a stadium level band that was so big at one time could not figure out how to solve the issues that broke them apart in order to reconvene years later.

Here's Rik's answer to that:

but I agree, seems like they could have kept the engine running for another decade or so.

Last edited:
Here's Rik's answer to that:

but I agree, seems like they could have kept the engine running for another decade or so.

I understand the limitations of doing it now, but I don't understand why they didn't get together again 20 or 30 years ago, when the physical limitations would not have been an issue.

I fondly remember the Thunder Seven tour.

Loved Rick Emmett’s Triumph - wasn’t always a huge fan of Gil Moore’s stuff. But that never stopped me from being a fan. They may be tuned down but Rik’s vocals still sound like a gold.

He does.
I think what happened to Triumph was that during their rise and eventual peak in popularity, the vast music promotion went the direction of what was going to played on MTV and the tastes of the buying public subsequently changed. American rock/pop radio played what was popular on MTV. MTV made many artists rich and popular while ignoring other extremely talented artists. Triumph just really didn't have any 'Starpower' members in the band to sell any image, therefore --- no flashy videos.

Last edited:
Rik's voice was astonishing to me. Obviously a very fine guitar player as well. They were a big part of my early to mid '80's musical journey. Saw them on the Allied Forces tour, and they were great. That was the last album I really liked. Just A Game and Progressions Of Power were my favorites.

man, i havent heard that song in a loooong time. i can remember when it was common to throw a triumph, van halen or acdc album on the turntable, plug in the headphones and go to sleep rocking out.

...boy how times have changed now that im much older. luckily, while growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

Back
Top Bottom