Rhett Shull and Tim Pierce pick a Les Paul for Rhett

Well I can't figure out how to get the bridge pickup tone they have out of my Collings through the Axe III Deluxe.
That mix of bite and fatness.
I know it's not a Les Paul, but still.

I saw that, and my first thought was, "How the hell do you buy a Les Paul and never once plug it into a Marshall??"

I must live in an alien universe where people don't buy Les Pauls by checking them out into a Deluxe Reverb. :rolleyes:

Wonder what the price was...
you can see the price tag. i think it says $8200.

the amp is set up as volume = 4
treble = 5.5
bass = 4
reverb = 4

the audio is super compressed. you can hear how the reverb tail swell when they stop playing.

Last edited:
What this really proves is how different the same guitar sounds between players. Tim gets a snap and a clarity while Rhett sounds more mellow and less defined. Could be the choice of plectrum, technique, or both.

I've only learned about Rhett some months ago, and in an initial video he mentioned how he (once) didn't have a dime, etc. — the typical stories. Then he's buying a house, an 8K guitar? (etc.) How do these guys suddenly get $10,000 income a month? (I mean, that's how if feels) I think stuff is going to his head and I started disliking him a little, esp. after seeing how he seemed to think Fractal obviously should send him a free (test) unit so he can judge the true quality... Is he the #1 guitar channel?
But yes, that seems a cool LP :) The April Fools vid at least was fun ;)

Besides, I think Tim can get better friends than Rhett... ;)

Attachments

• mimi.jpg
    mimi.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I am speaking out of turn here, but I’m sure that Norm’s guitar shop has paid for that publicity with a handsome discount.
The tag is always higher than the actual sale value and the publicity surely deepened the discount significantly.
How many here saw the video and would love to visit the back room?

The tag is always higher than the actual sale value and the publicity surely deepened the discount significantly.
How many here saw the video and would love to visit the back room?
Half off would be a lot though, so that's still $5000... OTOH, maybe even a free guitar is worth it for them, cos who's gonna leave w/o a guitar there? :p
But my main impression from this vid is that the best guitar is now gone — no need to go there anymore.

At this price point, how long does a Les Paul sit in stock on the shelf? I imagine it could take a couple of years to move a guitar in the $10k range, sitting on the shelf waiting for the right buyer.

I've only learned about Rhett some months ago, and in an initial video he mentioned how he (once) didn't have a dime, etc. — the typical stories. Then he's buying a house, an 8K guitar? (etc.) How do these guys suddenly get $10,000 income a month? (I mean, that's how if feels) I think stuff is going to his head and I started disliking him a little, esp. after seeing how he seemed to think Fractal obviously should send him a free (test) unit so he can judge the true quality... Is he the #1 guitar channel?
You forgot building a new studio. But like you @Brewce, seemed like an overnight thing to me also. House, studio, with heavy renovations and still new amps guitars and so on.
As far as Rhett I like him, don't agree with everything he says, but that's ok his view his experience, same with everybody.

As for his review on the AF III, he was mostly positive. I was a little surprised how bent out of shape people got. And as for him having the unit so long, that's between him and Fractal.

Rhett has been doing the YT thing for a while. I remember watching him at least 4 or 5 years ago. I think he has gotten serious about music in different ways (like playing) and has been most likely increasing his bank account. I don’t jump to watch his videos right away like I do Tim, but he’s OK. Also, it appears if you play the YT game without having too much of a serious opinion about the world around you and stay monetized and views it’s possible to make a decent amount of money. I could never do it because I speak without much of a filter. I’d have the YT cops on my doorstep in no time.

Oh and Norm’s is quite the place! Never been there, but would probably be able to stay camped there for a week.

Last edited:
But yes, that seems a cool LP :) The April Fools vid at least was fun ;)

Besides, I think Tim can get better friends than Rhett... ;)

He was literally living in his parent's basement with his wife up until a year or so ago.

This post was brought to you by Sweetwater Music. Please check them out through
the affiliate linkes below. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom